Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are your sewing goals for today? >

What are your sewing goals for today?

What are your sewing goals for today?

Old 10-18-2010, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by TxCaRose
for now I am stuck, just had shoulder surgery 3 weeks ago. I did go in this am to try to do some sewing but to no avail. I do however want to finish my UFO's before I start anything else, hopefully within a month. I have so many things rolling around in my mind that I am itching to get started.
Your sewing will be there when you're able, in the meantime, do your daily PT and read,nap and watch TV, take your pain pills on time(much less pain that way).
Don't try to do much of anything else.. in 6 months to a year you'll be good as new. Can you tell I've been in your
shoes twice now? :oops:
Old 10-18-2010, 05:04 PM

I spent the day running my DH quilt top to the LAQ. i finished it this weekend and it's for Christmas and a surprise. My friend and i were going to go to the LQS there but forgot it was closed on Mondays:(. After i get off the computer i'm going to work on April's UFO!!!
Old 10-18-2010, 06:49 PM

Since I have not learned yet how to say no, I am FMQ the 1st of 4 quilts requested by my neighbor. Two are Xmas presents for her GDs and I have the second top done except for the borders. Went to our local quilt show this weekend and bought a kit with a golfing theme - want to do that quilt for my son for Xmas. Plus, too many UFOs to mention but at least I have choices if I get bored doing one thing!!!! LOL!!!
Old 10-18-2010, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dwbbie
a long list that was? Did you complete it in a day? I worked today, came home to hubby who started Italian sausages, I made a salad and did up some dishes and laundry. (Usual stuff!) Today is a beautiful day, with temps in the low 70's and overcast. While dinner cooked, DH and I took asmall walk. I got home about an hour early. I am taking some classes online and I'll have to do that until bedtime.
Anyone sewing tomorrow? (I have to work.) I hope to have sewing plans for the weekend, so I will have to get going in the house! My plans are---
to buy a crazy quilt book from Amazon this week, to make a friend a crazy quilt. Next weekend, I'd like to make 9 treat bags for my 9 Grands! Six boys and thre girls! I am itching to make some fabric post cards. Anyone else make these?
Sorry to have talked for so long! Happy sewing everyone!
Not sure if you were mentioning my list, but the answer is, nope. I got a chance to be the "sibling representative" and give plenty of input into another sibling's potential car purchase, which our parents are purchasing for him. So, nothing really productive done in regards to the quilting. I did, however, get the Calculus studying done, along with the not quilting part at the end. And, I just bought a sewing table, which will delay my project a bit more. So, after assembling that, I won't have a drafting table for a sewing machine table that "dances" with the sewing machine's rhythm. But, well worth the time. :XD:
Old 10-18-2010, 07:37 PM

All this "just to noon?". Oh my goodness. My goal is to work on the quilt I am making now. Getting close to finishing. I deserve to just sit after cleaning out the garage and washing my car yesterday, and then mowing the lawn today! I think the sewing is calling my name.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:42 AM

Well, granny, I am going to try and get to my machine a finish a cheater baby quilt. Have already done one thru the summer, for his twin brother. The boys are the sons of former SIL and his wife. Will eat some breakfast and go back to bed for a spell.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:19 AM

today I will spend the morning cleaning and doing laundry, and the afternoon in my sewing nook. Cutting fabric for my mom's signature quilt. Did quite a bit yesterday but am now second guessing my color choices...
Old 10-19-2010, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Debbie B
Originally Posted by Ilovemydogs
I have 2 QFK that just need to be sewn together and washed. Then I have a churn dash quilt to put the layers together and sewn. I also have a baby quilt to do. The pieces are cut and ready to be sewn. My red/white/black needs to be sewn and the binding on. Hmmmm, then a gazillion other projects that I want to do! :-)
I've seen QFK in a couple of postings...what does that stand for?
Quilts for Kids; an organization that gives them out to children with life threatening diseases, cancer etc. It was started here in PA and is now nationwide. Downy and many large fabric companies supply the fabric, we just sew them, and also make quilts from our stashes. Log onto http:/www.quiltsforkids.org and read about it.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:17 AM

Wow!! I haven't read through all of the posts on this thread, but already I know that I need to get up from here and get started. TODAY IS MY DAY. I"m going to the LQS which is 30 miles away to pick up a new book and fabrics for our quilting group's BOM for this year. (We began our year in September. I have no Civil War fabrics in my stash so I get to go shopping. Woohoo!
Old 10-19-2010, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by GailG
Wow!! I haven't read through all of the posts on this thread, but already I know that I need to get up from here and get started. TODAY IS MY DAY. I"m going to the LQS which is 30 miles away to pick up a new book and fabrics for our quilting group's BOM for this year. (We began our year in September. I have no Civil War fabrics in my stash so I get to go shopping. Woohoo!
Yeah, read through the whole thing; this started on Sunday and is still going strong. And no I didn't get all my projects completed, I didn't even get SOME of them completed. Today my day started with burying my poor fish. Don't laugh, he was almost 6 years old and over 12"long; my grandkids will be crushed to learn of his death.