Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Scared and sad- my Janome 7700 died! >

Scared and sad- my Janome 7700 died!

Scared and sad- my Janome 7700 died!

Old 11-11-2010, 09:16 PM

The quality of things we pay more money for, is not the same as is use to be. Hope everything turns out in your favor.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:42 AM

My advice to you is to get it replaced anything electronic that does that will never work properly again. If it is only 6 mos old I would want them to replace it.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Kas
My first Bernina 640 was a floor model and we got a screaming deal for it. It came with the BSR (which was why I wanted it but never use), the walking foot and the embroidery unit for $5,000. Well, the thread started getting stuck under a guide it shouldn't be going under twice. I don't know the technical term for it, but it made a horrible clunking noise and then the thread would break. Very frustrating. It went to the shop four times with no improvement. Finally, I went to pick it up and the shop owner told me they had just replaced the machine with one right out of the box. She couldn't fix it, so I got a brand new one for the same screaming deal. I haven't had a single problem with the replacement machine and I have had it for three years.
Glad it turned out OK.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:51 AM

There is always the possibility of getting a dud no matter what machine you purchase. I guess it all depends on how responsive your dealer is.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Kas

Originally Posted by Jo Mama
Originally Posted by Kas
My first Bernina 640 was a floor model and we got a screaming deal for it. It came with the BSR (which was why I wanted it but never use), the walking foot and the embroidery unit for $5,000. Well, the thread started getting stuck under a guide it shouldn't be going under twice. I don't know the technical term for it, but it made a horrible clunking noise and then the thread would break. Very frustrating. It went to the shop four times with no improvement. Finally, I went to pick it up and the shop owner told me they had just replaced the machine with one right out of the box. She couldn't fix it, so I got a brand new one for the same screaming deal. I haven't had a single problem with the replacement machine and I have had it for three years.
Glad it turned out OK.
I couldn't be more happy! It runs like a dream.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Kas
Originally Posted by Kas
Glad it turned out OK.
I used to live in Renton. Miss the NW and beautiful mts.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:24 PM

Just an update- my Janome is back home and working perfectly!!! I am so happy and relieved. Thanks for all of your support and kind words, this is a great group of people.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Kas

Originally Posted by Kas
Originally Posted by Kas
Glad it turned out OK.
I used to live in Renton. Miss the NW and beautiful mts.
We had another wind storm last night. Power is still out in some places. You are a long way from Renton!
Old 11-16-2010, 12:53 PM

Your machine should still be on warranty, so check with your dealer. That means you can get it replaced/repaired at no cost.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Moon Holiday
Your machine should still be on warranty, so check with your dealer. That means you can get it replaced/repaired at no cost.
She posted about 2 posts up that the machine has been fixed and it's working great.

OP-I'm so happy for you! Hopefully you won't have any problems from here on out.