Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Darling? Husband >

My Darling? Husband

My Darling? Husband

Old 01-20-2011, 02:41 AM

I'm sorry for all who has a husband like that for mine is wonderful. He has just taken early retirement and he knows how much I LOVE TO SEW and QUILT. Never a complaint, not a word. I have to be THE MOST BLESSED WOMAN IN THE WORLD TO HAVE THE HUSBAND I HAVE.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:51 AM

My Hubby and son both are very understanding about my hobby,they take me to QS that are like 2 hours from our house,they sometimes go in and pick out fabrics and other times they wait in the truck or go to someplace they like and tell me to call when I'm done looking :thumbup:
Right now my sewing machine is in the living room where the T.V is at and sometimes I sew and they watch T.V.
They also have hobbies and go do them and sometimes we all go do something together,we all try to respect each others past times.
When I hear about DH's not liking their wives quilting I wonder why, it just doesn't make sence to me but I have seen it first hand and think they need to get a life. :roll: :D JMHO.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by bamamama
Originally Posted by dpparris
My husband is a GEM. He has always supported any hobby I have had, but... I support his as well. I like to hand quilt and can sit in the same room as him and we talk and I quilt. He likes to watch me "build" things on the machine.
Thats funny, my husband calls it "building" a quilt too.
Mine too,in fact he started collecting paisley fabrics and said someday he was gonna "build" a quilt.Gotta LOVE him. :lol: :roll: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 01-20-2011, 03:18 AM

You have to feel sorry for those who only sit and watch TV. Sometimes I think they are a little jealous that we have such productive hobbies. Somedays I watch TV, knit and cook at the same time. Being able to multi-task balances our lives and temperments, which is most fortunate for those who share our space.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:44 AM

Gosh I was astonished to read your posting. I guess us quilters are not tv fans, that's why we've taken up the hobby of quilting. I also think that sitting & watching tv is a waste of time & am glad that I quilt to have something to show for my time. I do have a tv in my sewing room but I usually have it on country music to sew by or a 'woman's show" that I enjoy. I am very fortunate that my hubby is proud of my hobby & he too goes to quilt shows with me. He normally puts claims on whatever quilt I am making before I put that last stitch in the binding! He never complains about what I spend, but I do try to keep it within reason. You could be sitting in a bar chasing men instead of quilting! Keep on stitchin' if that's what makes you happy, it's cheaper than a marriage councelor!
Old 01-20-2011, 03:46 AM

My sweet, sweet husband supports me with my new creative output even though it's taken over half of the basement and spreads to the top of the ping pong table. He watches TV while I sew; he doesn't even complain when the sewing machine is louder than the TV!
I, too, am blessed with a wonderful husband of 34 years.And I'm thankful.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:52 AM

I'm sorry that your husband feels that way. My husband supports anything I want to do - almost to an extreme. I finally had more time to sew, he's out there looking for the latest and greatest sewing machine. I wanted to quilt more, he's there following me around the store picking fabric.

As to the money, since I'm the one with the income (he left work due to illness, then got our son through middle and high school), he doesn't question how I spend our money.

I guess I'm really lucky. I think I need to appreciate him more.

All you can do is stand your ground and come to an "agreement" so that you can enjoy what makes YOU happy.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:53 AM

I guess I'm one of the lucky ladies as my hubby of 50 years puts up with my machine just humming away. I have always
sewed (lots of stuff for the better half) and for family and
friends. He has computer stuff all over our house and sits by
the hours in front of his computer or someone elses so I think
he dare not say a word. In retirement everyone needs a hobby, Mine is sewing. His is computing.

Flo in the COLD NNY
Old 01-20-2011, 03:53 AM

I guess I'm one of the lucky ladies as my hubby of 50 years puts up with my machine just humming away. I have always
sewed (lots of stuff for the better half) and for family and
friends. He has computer stuff all over our house and sits by
the hours in front of his computer or someone elses so I think
he dare not say a word. In retirement everyone needs a hobby, Mine is sewing. His is computing.

Flo in the COLD NNY
Old 01-20-2011, 03:54 AM

Thanks everyone...I just get tired of him saying "that d... sewing..."
The thing is he works..so I sew while he is at work...I sit with him when he gets home...I clean the house so there is not stuff everywhere..I do handwork while sitting with him while "he" is watching TV..But some of the stuff he watches I just don't like..When i do talk to him he never hears me! So what is it?? I just don't understand..And I don't(can't) spend a lot of fabrics etc..He even hated when our daughter started sewing..It just hits such a deep nerve with him!!
Hey maybe it is because he has to work? and I stay at home??