Facebook vs Quilting Board

Old 02-10-2011, 04:16 PM

I really don't like it but its the only way I find out what the family is up to they don't use the phone to call everything is texting and I only turn my cell on when I need to use it or when shopping with the 10 yr old and daughter in case we get lost (lol) in the store-
Old 02-10-2011, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by lvaughan
Originally Posted by sak658
I was on Facebook for about 2 days, till I saw my youngest granddaughter (21) showing off her new tatoo of a star on her back shoulder. I politely posted about it and my dislike. I closed up Facebook and haven't been back on, I don't want to know what all they are doing whether its good or not so good. What I don't know doesn't bother me. So I'm happy with just the quilting board. lol
I've never had a facebook page. Like sak658 I thought I would see or hear things I would rather not. I also feel like I would be hanging out where the younguns hang. It's OK if you think this is strange, others have said so but I just feel like I would be invading the younger generations hangout. My youngest will be 29 before long and I don't want to know all the details of my kids lives like they share online.

By the way love the Quilting Board.
I feel the same way. I have encouraged my children to have rich wonderful private lives as well as staying connected to family. I don't feel I need to be a part of everything they do.
Also, HR in the firm I work for checks social media frequently for any posts concerning the workplace. I am extra cautious what I say and how I say it. Will not reveal my company's name or gossip in any way.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:17 PM

My kids set me up with a FB account about the same time I found this site. I rarely go to FB. I am almost always here. I am here even more than playing Pogo, which I used to be addicted to. This Quilting Board rocks!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 05:18 PM

I usually have both going at the same time. Facebook is how I keep up with family and grandkids. Quiltingboard is where I keep up with my addition.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:29 PM

I'm here every morning at 6:30 am Arizona time and then to check in later in the day whenever possible.

This is the GREATEST board with SUPER people!
Old 02-10-2011, 05:39 PM

No facebook for me. Love the QB!!!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 05:44 PM

BOTH!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 05:47 PM

I'm with you! I take a quick peek at FB, then spend hours here on QB. Love it here. So many fabulous things to see and enjoy all the 'talk'!
Old 02-10-2011, 05:50 PM

I was just telling my DD that 5 may dump FB because I am so disappointed in it. On the other hand I have to visit QB everyday at least once. I consider you my new 'friends'. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old 02-10-2011, 05:53 PM

Both are open 24/7