Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What tools or products do you use from other hobbies for Quilting?  Please share your ideas and I will make a list of them for us in my pages for all of us to enjoy! >

What tools or products do you use from other hobbies for Quilting? Please share your ideas and I will make a list of them for us in my pages for all of us to enjoy!

What tools or products do you use from other hobbies for Quilting? Please share your ideas and I will make a list of them for us in my pages for all of us to enjoy!

Old 03-21-2011, 03:36 PM

I use a desk file holder wire one and plastic that is elevated and it will hold rulers like no other. I also have used the pampered chef stone holder that has dowel rods and it works great to. I also have a 6" block of wood to use with the rubber mallet. I also use chocolate.

Robin
Old 03-21-2011, 03:41 PM

Big paper claps, mug for pencils, and picture boxes for extra squares or scraps. These are a few, as I think of others, i'll post.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:01 PM

Tweezers to pull the small threads out of the fabric after ripping out a seam.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by abdconsultant
I keep 2 frisbees one on cutting table and one by my machine, i can put my stuff in it while working and they stay put. also i have stainless steel chop sticks for turning corners, oh my favorite for pinning quilts is this silver thing i got at a second hand store.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by abdconsultant
I keep 2 frisbees one on cutting table and one by my machine, i can put my stuff in it while working and they stay put. also i have stainless steel chop sticks for turning corners, oh my favorite for pinning quilts is this silver thing i got at a second hand store.
I love the silver thing you have for your pins, etc....I am always at the second hand stores browsing around and now I have another thing to look for. Love the frisbee idea, too.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:14 PM

Knitting needles for turning small items.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:15 PM

Those cute little baskets at the dollar store. - 1.They are the perfect size to stand my patterns on end, so I can thumb through them. 2. They are wonderful for storing elastics, trims, appliques (patches). Helps keep me organized.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:26 PM

I have a 4 1/2 suction cup and a small suction cup that I use to hold down my rulers I use a carpet cutter with a rotary cutter blade to cut strips of fabric for the accuquilt Go. T-Square, ruler with zero center and 1, etc on each side to find a quick middle of a small piece of fabric. An angle mark ruler for quick 60 Degrees. Magnetic pick up wand for pins. A makeup travel case for keep scissors, etc together.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:29 PM

magnetic handle pin cushion is good to pickup all the pins on the floor
Old 03-21-2011, 04:35 PM

Notebook and pen for quick notes/changes. reminders, shopping list.

FREE Quilting Newsletter