Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How to quilt in a travel trailer? >

How to quilt in a travel trailer?

How to quilt in a travel trailer?

Old 05-01-2011, 01:57 AM

You folks are definitely enablers. I was happy sewing in my 15 passenger van. Now I've gone and done it, primarily because of this thread. My husband has wanted a camper for many years. I couldn't see a need to spend the money. Take a peek at my new sewing room. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-119998-1.htm#3149574
Old 05-01-2011, 02:04 AM

I lived in travel trailers and CAB OVER CAMPERS for 18 years. Only bought materials I would use, didn't worry about a stash. had two children and a cat.. We always stayed at a KOA, swiming pool, laundry, OUTSIDE tabe, great for cutting on. place sheet on top first. Lots of ladies will meander over to have coffee and chat especially early mornings. My hubby worked construction.. I loved the travel meeting new people and cultures... Son was old enough to go swiming with friends and daughter stayed with me. you can even sew outside in Texas, if you can handle the heat. lol... sew mornings swim afternoons and go sight seeing evenings (smile) above all have a great time. :)
Old 05-01-2011, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
Originally Posted by Becky Crafts
A lot depends on the motorhome. Ours is an old model;almost no storage..long hallway & we're FTr's. Sewing machine stored beside beside bed. Stash is in boxes & bags under my recliner. Some have storage (space) behind couch & use that area. Others keep stuff under the bed in that storage area. We had to get rid of our couch to install the bird cage, so I sew in my recliner on a wooden TV tray. You'll have more space than I do, I'm sure. I cut on top of the stove top cover. Suggestion: get or bring an Ottlite. You'll need it because lighting is worse than horrid in these units unless they've improved immensely!
Yup, but I redeemed myself when I reminded him most of mine has been given to me by friends destashing. LOL! It's back under there now that my chair is fixed & this time it's not holding the chair upright! :-)

Becky, wern't you just busted yesterday for your stash that was stored under your recliner? :lol:
Old 05-01-2011, 05:37 AM

I use Space Bags. It is amazing how much material I can stash away in small areas once they are compacted. Now DH says I have added extra weight to our motorhome. Darn and I thought I was being sneaky.
Hmm, I wonder what weight I could get rid of...tv, pots & pans...