Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend -- September 2 to 5, 2016 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend -- September 2 to 5, 2016

• Virtual Quilting Weekend -- September 2 to 5, 2016

Old 09-04-2016, 05:02 AM

Coming late to this party! But I will be able to sew today...
    I have this cursed baby quilt that I need to finish. (The process of making the quilt has been cursed not the baby). The 'baby' was born in June of 2015. Just about everything that could go wrong, has with this one. I'm calling it my 'learning quilt' rather than call it some rather bad words. Trying to soak it with good vibes before I pass it on. Anyway, I need to measure, cut and add borders; find something to back and bind it with and then quilt it up. I am under a new deadline for this one. I do not wish to take back to Florida with me in mid October.
    Best wishes for everyone facing surgery, recovering from stitches, dealing with personal losses.
    And...I have so enjoyed seeing the photos so far.
    Old 09-04-2016, 05:08 AM

Such lovely projects and gorgeous finishes. Had the grown sons here which was wonderful but where they were sleeping is my fabric and sewing machines. So not much accomplished yet but today is another day.
    Old 09-04-2016, 05:23 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

SBG, your Hawaiian quilt is divine!
    Thanks all for you well wishes. NO pain at all last night and this morning! I WILL be back in the sewing room as soon as I finish 'computering' because I'm on a roll in there and am loving/addicted to doing the quilting again after the year+ long hiatus! I can still hold a ruler down with this middle finger wrapped and braced in the "middle finger" position (how appropriate!!)

Jan in VA
    Old 09-04-2016, 05:23 AM

It has been kinda crazy here the last couple of months. I have an elderly uncle whose health is declining. He really needs to move to assisted living but is fighting it. ( I totally understand) He lives 17 miles away. We have been doing tons for him. I have been getting very little sewing accomplished. I need to have a baby quilt finished by 9/18 for a shower. I have a design picked out and fabric. That is all. I plan on hiding in my sewing room tomorrow and not coming out all day. Have guests today. My brother is going to have a talk with my uncle tomorrow to see if he can convince him he needs to move or bring in more help to his home.
    Old 09-04-2016, 06:07 AM
    Power Poster

The denim quilt is taped to the floor; got it glue basted last night before going to bed..won't take long to quilt. I plan on straight line a horizontal line on each side of the seam lines
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]557460[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails img_20160904_0853464_rewind_kindlephoto-2780026.jpg  
    Old 09-04-2016, 06:32 AM

How did I miss this thread? I've got a simple Christmas quilt I need to sew up the binding on them hand bind and I want to organize all my ufo's so I can list them on PAPER to start attacking them.
    Old 09-04-2016, 08:00 AM

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Jan and my condolences to sewbizgirl. Love, love all of the projects everyone is working on, and wish all of you quilters here on the board a terrific day with lots of quilting enjoyment.
    Old 09-04-2016, 08:04 AM

Default W i p

The Splendid Sampler sends 2 blocks a week. Took my 3rd group off the design wall, and then I picked up my Kindle...
    back to sewing soon.
    Attached Thumbnails splendid-sampler-group-3.jpg  
    Old 09-04-2016, 08:09 AM

Oh Jan, I wish you didn't have to move! If you were in Illinois I would say come join me. I have room to spare.
    Old 09-04-2016, 08:56 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Sharon said, "Oh Jan, I wish you didn't have to move! If you were in Illinois I would say come join me. I have room to spare." Boy does that sound tempting! Wouldn't it be fun if we could just be like the northern Florida Snow Birds and move every 6 months or so, but instead, staying with quilty friends all over the country/world, one at a time?!!

So, east coasters, have you taken a lunch break? What are you having today?
    Mine is tuna salad over homegrown tomatoes and lots of lettuce, a small bit of Parmesan Caesar salad dressing, salt and pepper and a big glass of sweet tea with lemon. A favorite lunch from my childhood!

Jan in VA