Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
JoAnn Coupons...Am I Missing Something? >

JoAnn Coupons...Am I Missing Something?

JoAnn Coupons...Am I Missing Something?

Old 01-13-2010, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by MNQuilter
If you sign up for the mailed ones, you occasionally get a coupon for 10% off your entire purchase, those are really nice. Otherwise, i pickand choose. I at least always have one in my purse, Just In Case!
How do you get mailed ones?
Old 01-13-2010, 12:57 PM

You can sign up online, I think, or they have forms at the joanns themselves. You just have to ask.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:44 PM

They do the same thing her by me & if they don't take it I use my card & you get 10% on anything! Be sure to ask them for a Joann's discout card, they are good for a year.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:36 PM

I had the same problem. But they are great for stocking up on batting or getting the tools that are often not on sale. I sometimes will pick up a pattern that I would never pay full price for or buy a few yards of material that is generally too pricey for me. I use to go in and come out not using them but since I made a mental list of things I'd like to purchase but don't want to pay the price I generally can find something off that list not on sale. and use the coupon. They used to let you have the sale price or use a coupon whichever is better and I liked that more.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:25 PM

Our store used to do this but not anymore. It's all done by the computer now, It picks the most expensive item NOT on sale! I have been able to use the majority of the coupons I get (mail & email) & have sometimes saved MORE than I spent!! I like that! BUT, there are times when I give coupons away to other customers that don't have coupons, especially if they're going to expire b4 I know I will be there again. They have always been appreciated, so I feel good about that! I always look for the 5 pack of rotary cutter blades. If I have a 50% coupon, it saves over $15!:D
This is from Quilter's World magazine. I changes the colors for my Dh for Christmas because he's so patriotic!
s

Mystic Chords of Memory/patriotic version
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64243[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-64238.jpe  
Old 01-13-2010, 08:17 PM

I have to say that I literally signed up 10 times for both email and regualr mail coupons before I ever received their postcard introductory 50% off one item, which I used on fabric :D, and then I recieved one email and regular mail coupon and then have never recieved anything from them again in the form of coupons. I did use one of the mail coupons. Always, I am asked to sign up to recieve the discounts but refuse due to never receiving but the one before when I signed up. When I use my girlfriend's, only infrequently, I sometimes have a hard time finding something to buy except that my DD does scrapbooking so I can always get her something there. The nearest JoAnn's is about 30 to 45 minutes away :( so only get there infrequently. Will use the LQS for small purchases but am trying to work out of stash for a bit until finances improve.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by sewin'sam
Our store used to do this but not anymore. It's all done by the computer now, It picks the most expensive item NOT on sale! I have been able to use the majority of the coupons I get (mail & email) & have sometimes saved MORE than I spent!! I like that! BUT, there are times when I give coupons away to other customers that don't have coupons, especially if they're going to expire b4 I know I will be there again. They have always been appreciated, so I feel good about that! I always look for the 5 pack of rotary cutter blades. If I have a 50% coupon, it saves over $15!:D
This is from Quilter's World magazine. I changes the colors for my Dh for Christmas because he's so patriotic!
s
I love the quilt! Great job on your points!

I needed a new blade and printed off another coupon. Hubby ran to Joann's and since I had the coupon he bought the 5-blade pack for me. If I hadn't had the coupon I would've only gotten one blade. Yay for the coupons!!
Old 01-15-2010, 10:08 PM

To Tiffany: Thanks! Good for you for getting the blades with the coupons! I will have to say, you have to watch their prices, they are very high. I use the "tack gun" to put my quilts together for machine quilting because I can't do safety pins. But the tacks come in packages of 500 for $4.49 at Joanns. I found them at a big Walmart for $1.99 pkg!!! Regular price! But they don't carry the blades so not much you can do. Watch their sales online,I got -some really good bargains on blades! 10 pk 45mm for $17! Otherwise, I only buy them with a coupon or on sale!
Old 01-15-2010, 10:10 PM

To Chris: With the coupons, you have to show the mailing label with your name & address on it to the cashier once in a while or they won't send you any more. That's how they know that you're using the coupons. That's probably why you didn't get any more coupons in the mail?
Old 01-15-2010, 10:16 PM

You have to really watch Joann;s fabric but when I was in the quilt shop yesterday (I only buy their sale items!) I saw 3 fabrics there for $8+ that I bought at Joann's for $3.99 OR less with coupon?? & that was just on 2 shelves! :(