Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
JoAnn Coupons...Am I Missing Something? >

JoAnn Coupons...Am I Missing Something?

JoAnn Coupons...Am I Missing Something?

Old 01-29-2010, 08:41 AM

Sounds like I'm in the minority - I use my coupons regularly and I like my Jo-Anns. I keep coupons in an envelope with a running list written on it of things I'd like or need. Then I just wait til I can get the best buy. Since I keep a good stock of supplies on hand, I seldom need something immediately. I don't usually buy fabric at JA's but the coupons are great for rotary blades, thread, craft items, etc. There are a few people on the staff who are really nice and helpful - they make up for the "kids" who haven't learned about customer service.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:12 PM

I love JoAnns too. It's 85 miles away, but love to include it in my out-of-town trips. I always have a list of "needs", besides the wants!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:15 PM

We used to be able to use our 40% & 50% off coupons on sale stuff and they would just start it at the regular price and take the discount. Now they will not do that here in MI. In fact, the coupon specifically says regular price only. I liked it better the other way. I do try to keep track of the sales and use the coupons whenever I can, stocking up on rotary cutter blades and other notions since they seem to be on sale less often. Was in my local store recently and all their fat quarters were gone. When I asked, they said they were redoing the whole area so all new stuff was coming in. Hope thats true since it was so easy to just run in and grab something quickly. We'll see. They have closed 2 stores that were within 15 miles so the two that are left are at opposite ends. But they are sure closer than 85 miles!
Wendy
Old 02-02-2010, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by sunkistmi
We used to be able to use our 40% & 50% off coupons on sale stuff and they would just start it at the regular price and take the discount. Now they will not do that here in MI. In fact, the coupon specifically says regular price only. I liked it better the other way. I do try to keep track of the sales and use the coupons whenever I can, stocking up on rotary cutter blades and other notions since they seem to be on sale less often. Was in my local store recently and all their fat quarters were gone. When I asked, they said they were redoing the whole area so all new stuff was coming in. Hope thats true since it was so easy to just run in and grab something quickly. We'll see. They have closed 2 stores that were within 15 miles so the two that are left are at opposite ends. But they are sure closer than 85 miles!
Wendy
They had a problem with their fat quarters from the manufacturer. Basically, they weren't fat quarter sizes, which are 18x22". Instead they were being cut at 16x22", which is why they went on sale for .99 cents. From what I understand, they are switching manufacturers, or the company that cuts and delivers the fabric. Either way, you should have fat quarters back in your store in a few weeks. :thumbup: