Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's your current project? >

What's your current project?

What's your current project?

Old 08-08-2010, 06:10 PM

Making purses! Just love purses! Not happy with the color choices of the purse I just made but decided to use it as a new lunch bag for work. We have frigs so don't have to worry about keeping the food cold. I stick a zip lock freezer bag inside just incase something leaks and did give it a couple coats of fab protector too
Old 08-08-2010, 06:13 PM

Next project just may be either a snowman applique quilt or a scrappy quilt. Have to attack the tubs of scraps so may start the scrap quilt and then see what may jump at me to use for the snowmen.

Hard to focus on anything right now since I have a dear fiend in another state end stage lung cancer. Was just enrolled in the Hospice program. Every time the phone rings I catch my breath.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:16 PM

I'm working on a pastel batik sampler in classes, a bright batik tube quilt- pattern from here and the Farmers Wife with the group here. I also am finishing my grandsons quilt and have 3 quilts done except for binding.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:08 PM

i'm still working on a queen sized quilt. its my third quilt ever and the others were baby quilts. i pieced by machine but am quilitng by hand. its called a 9 block but that's deceptive, it had something like 37 pieces to each block.
i work full time and care for my parents in my home so my time is not always my own.
i'm currently quilting the inner border, with a leave stencil, then i have to bigger outer border to quilt. then binding and voila!
i'm having fun and looking forward to the next quilt. i havne't taken any classes yet. lqs beginner classes don't start again until october.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:42 PM

I've really enjoyed reading all the responses! Seems to be a common thing to have various projects going at once...which is my case :) Just finished quilting a paper pieced star table topper and have a scrappy flannel and a yellow/rose/blue star lap quilt ready to be basted and quilted. Have a feathered star and a pineapple paper pieced table toppers that also need quilting...some day!

Planning to start an old BOM that's been waiting for some time - appliqued snowmen design by Pearl Louise. Original intent was to do each block as they came....that was close to two years ago!!!
Old 08-15-2010, 07:48 PM

Currently I'm quilting a UFO carrie nation quilt, hand piecing grandmothers flower garden, and appiquing around a pinwheel quilt. Tomarrow I'm making cornhole bags and started a baby quilt made from the 3-d pinwheel tutorial here on the board. And theres tons of UFOs if I get bored.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Power Poster

I am making a Star Struck quilt (Bonnie Hunt website) with Moda brown and black Vienna Nights fat quarters, some red for the squares and muslin. I am having fun as I am using a Singer 301 and Singer 15-91 vintage machine that DH fixed up.

I am also working on a Cal King with mostly Civil War Tribute reproduction prints for DS and his fiancee. They plan to get married in the Spring.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:03 AM

I'm working on a queen size Bargello!
Old 08-16-2010, 03:17 AM

I, too, am working on several projects. I purchased apron fabric for gifts. I won a red ribbon on an apron I entered in the FCE conference in July. Therefore, with that pattern, I'll be making three more aprons. Then, I decided I wanted to learn how to make hats, so after looking online and in the stores for the "right" pattern, I have several to play with. A purse in the works. I won a blue ribbon on the one I entered using an Amy Butler design. So I will be working on some different styles with various purse patterns. My GD needed some pj's, so I will be cutting the pattern today using red slinky knit. She likes the "slinky" fabric, however, it is hard to work with. Then I have another quilt I have started using large blocks with a butterfly design and angled pieces down the sides and middle. WHEW!!! That's enough.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:34 AM

I am making a flannel quilt for a very sick little great nephew and also one for his older brother... will have to make one for their baby brother later on...pincushions for the swap and getting pkg. ready for secret pal