Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Christmas Presents >

Christmas Presents

Christmas Presents

Old 10-25-2010, 12:57 PM

I want to make some little quilted animal ornaments. Does anyone have a pattern or seen a pattern for these? I got a pattern many years ago out of a magazine, but stupidly loaned the patterns to someone and never got them back. Thanks in advance...
Old 10-25-2010, 02:47 PM

I'm making lap quilts for my adult children and baby quilts for the kids, purses for m sisters and pot holders for friends.
Originally Posted by MommaDorian
What is everyone doing for Christmas? What you making? I'm hoping to start something soon (kids and I always make something). I want something easy that I can give to everyone (including couples), like placemats or coasters, or something like that. Any ideas?
Old 10-25-2010, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by justme2
Two of the best gifts I ever gave was for my bro in law & the same for my bro.These were both guys who needed/wanted nothing,so very hard to buy for them

I bought 2 smaller photo albums & added more pic sleeves to them, so they'd hold a good many photos.Spent days going thru older photos, starting with Grparents(bro) & Gr Grparents (bro in law).From there I moved thru the yrs finding pics of the older folks as youngsters,maybe with a car,their bride,the babies....& on to their family growing up, including the one who it was meant for, ending with their school days,service overseas,marriage & children/Grchildren.For my bro, the final pic was one of the 2 of us showing our arms around each other & bro planting a kiss on my cheek,at ages 4&5.

Some of the pics,no one else had, so made copies for the albums.Each was wrapped in fabric.....football for bro in law & computers for Bro.

Bro in law said thanks, but hardly glanced at his.A day later, he called & said it was the best gift he'd ever received.So that was a hit.

My bro had no idea what was in that small pkg & he took a look, then another look & said.....I'll have to go thru it later.He looked up with tears in his eyes.Another hit & it was kept on the table by his chair.

We never know what tomorrow will bring.Bro in law passed away 3 yrs later & bro died of cancer 18 mos ago.
Big Hugs to you...great gifts that meant alot to your Bros!
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 10-25-2010, 03:29 PM

I just returned from my mom's funeral, and brought back quilts I had given her for Mother's Day, and table runners for birthdays, and coasters, just because. And there is a picture quilt for mom/dad's 65th anniversary, with pictures of all the kids and grandkids. She loved them - and I'll keep them in the family somehow. These handmade gifts are priceless.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Alisapao730
I'm making lap quilts for my adult children and baby quilts for the kids, purses for m sisters and pot holders for friends.
What is everyone doing for Christmas? What you making? I'm hoping to start something soon (kids and I always make something). I want something easy that I can give to everyone (including couples), like placemats or coasters, or something like that. Any ideas?
I'm wondering how big do you make lap quilts? I don't know the difference between a lap and a throw quilt. I want to make my brother something using patriotic fabrics I've been collecting.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by kaykid815
I just returned from my mom's funeral, and brought back quilts I had given her for Mother's Day, and table runners for birthdays, and coasters, just because. And there is a picture quilt for mom/dad's 65th anniversary, with pictures of all the kids and grandkids. She loved them - and I'll keep them in the family somehow. These handmade gifts are priceless.
So sorry to hear of your mother's passing away. My mom has been gone for 7 years and I always miss her so much at holiday time. May God and your memories give you some comfort.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Alisapao730
I'm wondering how big do you make lap quilts? I don't know the difference between a lap and a throw quilt. I want to make my brother something using patriotic fabrics I've been collecting.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:21 PM

This year seems to be hand bags, table toppers, aprons, and place mats. Those nifty mug mats are a great idea too
Old 10-26-2010, 06:16 AM

Would love to see a picture of the sandals - are you making them? Is there a pattern. I know my grands would love getting something like this. Thanks.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by craftiladi
I am taking the position of keeping it simple this yr. I sewed my fingers to the bones the last couple of christmas's and received very few thank-yous-those people will be lucky to receive a card-as alot of thought went into my gift giving and I am just appalled at the rudeness of people that can't even take the time to say thank-you. I even had to call to make sure the gifts arrived...rude! Sorry if i sound like a scrooge, just a tad fed up can you tell...lol
Hello, I agree with you, I have 8 nieces and 1 nephew. I received 2 thank you cards from nieces and one from my nephew, so I have cut down on the making of the gifts! I went from making 8 gifts for the "kids" down to 2 and 7 for brothers & sisters (including in-laws) down to 2. So I guess that I am a bit of a scrooge too! Or maybe I'm someone who feels that there is more to gift getting. The Thank you that means a whole lot more to me!
TreeFrog