Your Worst Gift ?

Old 12-22-2010, 07:54 PM

My mother in law once gave me a fruit cake, my husband got mad when he found out I had saved it and wanted to regift it to her the next year.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:30 PM

I have twin sisters who were born when I was 12. When they were 10 they bought me the ugliest necklace I have ever seen. It had huge charms hanging from it. They were so excited about it. They said it looked just like something I would like. Years later someone I knew husband was going to go drag for Halloween. She asked if I knew someplace that would sell some jewelry that would work. I lent her the necklace. I never got it back. Yeah.
My hubby buys me robes - never lingerie. Robes are on the edges of the lingerie dept. I have told my daughters that if they are ever shopping with dad and need to get rid of him for a while to just walk into a lingerie dept and in 5 steps he has disappeared off the face of the earth. Two months ago my oldest daughter did just that. She was amazed.
I usually give him a detailed list of possibilities and where to get them.
We'll be married 40 years in Feb.
I have done a lot of laughing reading these.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by pstoner
Originally Posted by Ladyjanedoe
The worst gift is nothing.
yeah, I have gotten that several times, and it stings worse when you have searched high and low, and bought them an expensive gift (which they have and still use frequently), and not even a thank you.
Been there as well. This year my husband 'forgot' Mother's Day and I got a big nothing for our 10 year anniversary. Money is not an issue. I still don't even know what to think about it . The Mother's Day snub was the worst. He never even said "Happy Mother's Day" until I broke down in tears late in the day.

I think he did get me something for Christmas this year because we had a discussion about what I would like , but at this point I confess I'm a bit afraid to be hopeful.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:07 PM

One Christmas DH's parents gave me a blow torch and him a fire extinguisher. We never did figure out what the hell they were thinking but I ended up using the blow torch years later in my silversmithing. Guess they knew what I needed a decade before I did. Or how about the one year they gave me my present and the wrapping was a diaper bag. I was unable to have children and they kept harping about how we needed to have kids.