Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 07-13-2018, 04:36 PM
Power Poster

It sure was black, white and red day!

Cheese, love your blocks for Mona. I've never seen that lacy fabric before... very pretty!

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]597797[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]597798[/ATTACH]

One for Mona. One for DHenson. Today was red, black & white day.
Love PizzaGuy and Ellie! Sweet doggies... Beautiful blocks, too. That martini one made me chuckle because it looks like tipsy butterflies on the martinis. They must have been sipping!

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
I would love to see my quilting board boom friends. I’m at sisters now and will be there for the show. You can reach me at7605321790. Don’t have much internet access. We are dispersed camping about a mile from Sisters and will be biking in early in the morning. I’ll be wearing a teal sundress white sun shirt and hiking boots. Hope to meet you there. We’ll be there in the morning and early afternoon.
Oh MJP, if only I could be there to meet you! I would love to, and to see the show. Maybe one day.

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
I took these with me to church this afternoon and finally got pictures of them. The first one is my Boom 20 Hummingbird quilt for me! The next one is from Boom 17. It's for one of my nephews for Christmas.
Libster, those are wonderful quilts! Great finishes! Love your QAYG.
Old 07-13-2018, 04:39 PM

I completed Jayne's poinsettia block today. I was always going to do a variation of this block for your fabric, but wasn't going to have black so prominent but I liked Tgma's block in your fabric so much I copied it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]597811[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0522.jpg  
Old 07-13-2018, 04:43 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I completed Jayne's poinsettia block today. I was always going to do a variation of this block for your fabric, but wasn't going to have black so prominent but I liked Tgma's block in your fabric so much I copied it.
Love that block, Kass!
Old 07-13-2018, 04:53 PM

Oh my gosh... so much to say! First of all, Libster, Beautiful Quilts! I get so excited seeing finished boom quilts. I have my 4th of July (yep a bit late) one at the long arm quilter right now. Pics soon.

Kass - as always, wow! I love the poinsettia block and digging the black! You're so amazing.

And finally, all you hares better watch out, this tortoise has entered the race! Here is my first completed block for PamelaOry - I just love this fabric and am happy how the block turned out! The pattern is Kitty Corner from Patchwork Square website. Now I just want to abandon everything else and make boom blocks!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]597812[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails pamory.jpg  
Old 07-13-2018, 04:55 PM

Oh my gosh.. just posted the picture and realized I have the two bottom corner blocks turned! Guess I have some frogging to do - gotta let the hares keep their lead, I guess!
Old 07-13-2018, 05:17 PM

Beautiful finish on both Libster! I cant say enough about all the beautiful blocks!! Im really liking the red/white/black quilts. Good job everyone.
Old 07-13-2018, 07:05 PM

Kass and Jayne great blocks. I was just telling my girlfriend about the Christmas fabric with the black fabric and how pretty it was. She didn’t believe me till I showed her the pictures.

Libster your quilts are gorgeous. Recognize my block in the Christmas quilt but no idea which is mine on the gray one
Old 07-13-2018, 07:52 PM
Power Poster

Great first block, Jayne! I'm really loving all the Tula Pink blocks.
Old 07-13-2018, 07:54 PM

Today, I am back. My palm is finally healed enough to sew. yeah! So I have gone through the last pages and looked and I am so excited to get back in the saddle. Thank you GramE for explaining and sharing. It might be nice when I want to sew but not able to be at a machine.

Libster, how nice to have the Boom 20 done and you are keeping it. Is it a Christmas quilt? I always like b/r/w and your g/r/w is also striking. Good to know.

Such pretty blocks everyone. TG, the Black outlined poinsettia star is so striking. I was also thinking of using black with that fabric. Cheesehead, those are such nice stars and I like that your coordinate fabrics highlight the paisley. Kass, that is so nice with the black and fussy cutting of the poinsettias. Thank you

Jaba, it was so nice to see your pictures with your grands. Hope you had a lovely visit.

GramE, I can just imagine what the neighbors think when you are yelling for PizzaGuy to come back in. Pamela, cute pic with the blue ears.

I am thinking of driving to Sisters tomorrow to experience the show. If I go, I will share some highlights. Hope everyone is staying cool. DS
Old 07-13-2018, 08:01 PM
Power Poster

Hi DarcyShannon... glad your hand is better. If you go to Sisters', please take pics and show us your favorite things!