Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011  NEW >

Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011 NEW

Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011 NEW

Old 03-13-2011, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by VickiM
Ok, the 2 quilt tops are done but not quilted. Hopefully I can get the quilting done within a couple months. The one is totally scrappy. The other is a panel with the pinwheels around. I like my baby quilts larger. I had alot of fun doing these. Now I must get back to craftshow items that need replenishing for the 2 shows in April. Sold alot in the Feb. show. Sometimes I wish I could just wiggle my nose & it would be done...but then I wouldn't have the real fun of making it. Love seeing everyone's quilts.
I like the pinwheels with the solid fabric blocks! It all seems to flow together so nice!
Also what a great idea using pinwheels for the border of the second quilt!
you guys are so talented! I hope you sell a lot at your next craft shows!

:-D :-D
Old 03-13-2011, 06:33 PM

Today is day 32!

I'm slowly getting there. I only got one block done sat and one sun but I'm still on schedule! I'll do better during the week I hope.

Every star I do seems to be a little different. I haven't mastered how to start and stop exactly on the points! It seems I need to turn before the stitch is done. I'll just have to insist that everyone rides that horse when looking at mine.

I'm glad others are checking in and showing pictures!
Keep up the good work!
:-D
Old 03-13-2011, 09:57 PM

Your quilt is gorgeous! The green is so pretty with all of the scrappy colors. I got my blocks pieced together and the first narrow border, now I feel like all of those bias edges are corraled. I'm doing a semi pieced 6 inch border with the leftover 6 inch squares and longer 6 inch strips, that will finish up the top. I almost got it done this weekend![quote=SandyinZ4]
Originally Posted by susiequilt
Today is day 31! Where is everyone? Don't leave me here alone!...
Here ya go..Susiequilt! Now you aren't alone. My top is finished as of today. Will be a couple months before I can get it sandwiched and quilted though as I have one other ahead of it. At least the pinwheel part is done. There are several mistakes but riding by on that fast horse, they are hard to see. This was a fun thread to follow.[/quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4
Originally Posted by Blue Bell
SandyinZ4,
Your quilt came out beautifully. Great work. I like the fabric that you used in the border.
I was just using up stuff I had. It wasn't easy to work with. I trimmed it really good so it would look decent. Plus, those were two of the mistakes...trying to match the design when I had to join a piece to make the outer border. Hubby said no one will see the mistakes as the border pattern will make them so dizzy they won't notice. :-)
I have found that when you have a busy print like that to not even bother trying to match it up. I found that out on the back of my big pinwheel quilt; it was impossible to get it perfect, so make it look like it was supposed to be that way. I'll post a pic of it later today, it isn't quilted yet.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:23 AM

I have 41 pinwheel blocks done, I like to do a bunch at a time! Now I really need to start laying them out into rows. I need 64 blocks if I calculated correctly. I love this thread and this idea.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:49 PM

Today is day 33! Time flies!
Get sewing!
:-D
Old 03-15-2011, 07:19 AM

OK here's two quilts with pinwheels. I've made 36 pins so far. Used 15 in Dialysis Patient quilt and 6 small ones in one for Jessica's baby shower.

Jessica's quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170067[/ATTACH]

Dialysis patient
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170068[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-170062.jpe   attachment-170063.jpe  
Old 03-15-2011, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by misseva
OK here's two quilts with pinwheels. I've made 36 pins so far. Used 15 in Dialysis Patient quilt and 6 small ones in one for Jessica's baby shower.
Both yours are wonderful! Fun to see all the different ones from this challenge.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:06 AM

Nice job Sandy!

I need to stay focused. I was putting my crumbs in baggies and thought I would try to make a crazy quilt block. Then I started looking for fabric someone needed and I got into another project. I have got to get back to my pinwheels. :roll:
Old 03-15-2011, 10:57 AM

Misseva - love both your quilts. but I have a soft spot in my heart for Mickey.