Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 07-16-2018, 09:48 AM

Wow Terri you sure are busy cranking out the blocks, they are all beautiful! Love how your block for GramE turned out, yep great minds! I love the polka dot fabric with Mona's block, you just can't go wrong with polka dots!
Old 07-16-2018, 10:10 AM

Cheesehead your block for Jayne is sooooo pretty.

Most of these blocks were already cut out and I was up at 5 AM to beat the heat. Now sitting upstairs waiting patiently for the air conditioning repairman. Thankful it’s only in low 80’s today
Old 07-16-2018, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Two more first for Pamela Old Town Star from 1000 Quilt blocks and I miscalculated on Mona’s and had to change the block. Hope you like the orange.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]597944[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]597945[/ATTACH]
Orange is one of my favorites. Thanks for the cute block.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:16 AM

Most of these blocks were already cut out and I was up at 5 AM to beat the heat. Now sitting upstairs waiting patiently for the air conditioning repairman. Thankful it’s only in low 80’s today

Is it still very humid in Minnesota? The weatherman said a cold front is coming through later today and it would start to feel much better. Of course that will be short lived because more humid weather is expected by the end of the week. Ugh...geez it's hot!
Old 07-16-2018, 11:33 AM

Two more first for Pamela Old Town Star from 1000 Quilt blocks and I miscalculated on Mona’s and had to change the block. Hope you like the orange.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]597944[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]597945[/ATTACH]
I love it Terri! That fussy cut flower really catches the eye. I keep working on getting my stripes to all go the same direction, love the polka dots!
Old 07-16-2018, 12:11 PM

Pretty block Terriann, thanks. I like it. Will look wonderful in the newly painted room that still smells wonderful.

I am going to have to really search for some block patterns, there are some very creative ones showing up. Great job everyone.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:49 PM

Cheesehead, today is better then it has been all week humidity wise. Think cooler weather should be coming our way tonight but you are right it is just a couple day reprieve.

Air conditioner tech is here, he was a little smarty pants at first, then he said he was sorry he was wrong. 45 minutes later he apologized again and said he was totally wrong. But hubby is here now so I don’t have to pretend I understand a word he is saying.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:02 PM

Cheesehead, today is better then it has been all week humidity wise. Think cooler weather should be coming our way tonight but you are right it is just a couple day reprieve.

Air conditioner tech is here, he was a little smarty pants at first, then he said he was sorry he was wrong. 45 minutes later he apologized again and said he was totally wrong. But hubby is here now so I don’t have to pretend I understand a word he is saying.
Why do these guys act like jerks?! It really irritates me to no end when they talk down to women.

We just opened up our windows, there is a nice breeze and the humidity is starting to fall...ahhh it feels so much better. Tomorrow we are going to our place in the Dells, I'm sure the flowers need watering and it will be nicer weather. Just want to veg out and not really go anywhere, besides the area will be loaded with tourists!
Old 07-16-2018, 03:11 PM

I have fabric cut out and just waiting for it to cool down enough to sew.

How fun to look through the portholes and see friendly smiling sea creatures. Kassaundra I liked your idea for the yellow submarine and Cheesehead I can’t wait to see what you do with your yellow submarine fabric.

Cheesehead, I like the spinning in Joanlizbay’s block and the perfectly centered sugar skull in Bibliostone’s block. And another one, Jayne W poinsettia fabric with strong black and white contrast. So pretty.

Pamela, I like that flower block and have used it before. I hope you can figure the best thing out.

Terriamn that blue makes it so sparkly. Great color choices and block for Quilter Momma. And again, blue, so soft and pretty with the floral stripe. Then you kept going to black and orange. Striking. And the fun fabrics Pamela sent. Nailed it with the fussy cutting.

GramE, that block is so pretty with Jaba’s Large scale floral print. Amazing how fabric choices make it look like a different block. I hadn’t thought of using that shade of red, perfect offset.

Have to go, hope you are all staying cool. DS
Old 07-16-2018, 03:59 PM

DS, not sure if I mentioned it before but my sister’s name is Darcy.