Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 07-16-2018, 05:18 PM

Ladies, I love the blocks. Been making a few on my own so go with yours so I can have 2 quilts. Seems as though I'm going slow motion and it takes me forever but it is at my pace right now I guess. I'll get there. Started week 4 of treatment today so I'm 1/2 way done. Feeling pretty good, just get tired fast and feel that I am in a slow motion state and I probably am!! Probably the most aware for sure moment was yesterday, shower and the drain was full of hair. That hit home real fast, it was an awakening for sure and a little "quiet cry time" Took me back a few years and I remember my mother being devastated…..Hard to take but I am in the frame of mind where if that's what it takes, so be it, cancer will be gone.
I still have a few blocks to make and then I will post and show you ladies what I have made to go with your beautiful blocks. Again, I so so appreciate your time, effort, personal PM's, cards, and the very special friendship you have shown me. I truly have a very special feeling for all of you. Thank you so much for helping me through this difficult time, we will concur!!!!
Old 07-16-2018, 05:44 PM

I am exhausted it has been a marathon sewing day but no blocks done. We were keeping the great niece and nephews today, there has been drama in their home. My niece really wanted to sew a "princess dress" for her young cousin who she is visiting tomorrow. Abigail picked out the fabric and pattern and loves this dress. She helped sew it she has never sewn before. I had never sewn children's clothes and haven't sewn adult clothes in near 20 years. This dress is rough up close but will make a very expensive dress up dress. Abigail loves it and is so thrilled to be able to gift it to her little cousin tomorrow, well worth the day spent making it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]597971[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0524.jpg  
Old 07-16-2018, 06:09 PM

Kass, It’s “love”ly! Her first sewing adventure, but i’m Sure not her last!

I had a brain fart today while trying to figure out dots and stripes. But this was a good one. I call it Ring around the rosy cheeked Santas!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]597974[/ATTACH]
But as I put it on the board I noticed the center octagon is wrong side up! A quick fix tomorrow with put it in its place!
Attached Thumbnails c601793a-31c3-4b9e-8d6e-c45819fbe0a2.jpeg  
Old 07-16-2018, 09:07 PM
Power Poster

Jaba, don't worry it's only hair. It will grow back. I have heard of people's hair that was straight grew back curly after chemo. Don't know how often that happens! It's always great to hear from you and I can't wait to see the blocks you are making to go with ours.

Kass, Abigail's princess dress is precious! That blue sparkly skirt is bound to make the little cousin very happy. Tell her she did a great job (with help)!

GramE, that Santa star is too cute. Amazing job of getting all the Santas going in the right direction.

Although I finished all my blocks for Boom 21, I had ordered volume 3 of the Around the Block books. It came today! I started a quilt from one of the blocks. I'm ready for next time!

Hubby helped me spray baste three quilts today. He's gotten quite good at it, too!
Old 07-17-2018, 01:32 AM

Cheesehead you maintain three homes? You are impressive my friend.

kass what a cute princess dress and how special to have the time with your great niece. Bet her little cousin will be thrilled

Jaba so good to hear from you, it always lifts my spirits.

GramE your Santa block is just plain so fun, that was a lot of fussy cutting.

Air conditioner tech couldn’t fix the problem. He has to have someone else look at it and find out if our warranty will cover what he suspect the problem is. The only thing good about that is I will be staying home through Thursday. Lots of time to sew.

Sewbiz I have volumes 2 and 3 also but don’t use them very often. Just the word template give me he shivers.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:55 AM

Abigail looks so proud with the darling dress she made for her cousin! The best part of all is that she will remember the day she spent sewing with Auntie Kass for the rest of her life.

Jaba, prayers continue for you as you battle this horrible disease.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Cheesehead you maintain three homes? You are impressive my friend.

kass what a cute princess dress and how special to have the time with your great niece. Bet her little cousin will be thrilled

Jaba so good to hear from you, it always lifts my spirits.

GramE your Santa block is just plain so fun, that was a lot of fussy cutting.

Air conditioner tech couldn’t fix the problem. He has to have someone else look at it and find out if our warranty will cover what he suspect the problem is. The only thing good about that is I will be staying home through Thursday. Lots of time to sew.

Sewbiz I have volumes 2 and 3 also but don’t use them very often. Just the word template give me he shivers.
Yes Terri, three places to keep up and something has got to go! We bought the place at the Dells before we retired. The plan was to sell the house in Wisconsin and live in Alabama during the winter and spend the summer months in the Dells. We didn't have grandchildren then, but now that we do, it was important to us to keep the house to be close to them when we are in Wisconsin. I am ready to sell the place at the Dells but DH is not.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:30 AM

Kass, love your porthole block! Those circles look absolutely perfect. Not easy to do.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I've been sewing under the sea today. Finished Stafar's sea creature block. It was inspired by "attic windows" but who can look out their window and see fishes????? Well people on submarines can, so this is submarine portholes block. Now I have to admit I was tempted to go w/ "Yellow submarine" portholes, but figured this was going to be for a child and that reference would have been lost on them, so I went more w/ Jules Verne instead of Beatles
Cheesehead, wonderful Sugar Skull block.
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
It's hotter than a pistol today so it was a great day to stay indoors and sew. I made two blocks today one for Joanelizbay and one for Bibliostone.
Terriamn, you are on a roll! Lovely work despite the weather. GramE's is most definitely soft and feminine. So very pretty.
Made one block tonight for Quiltermomma, just plain to hot to try any more.
Two more first for Pamela Old Town Star from 1000 Quilt blocks and I miscalculated on Mona’s and had to change the block. Hope you like the orange.
I must be in the soft blue stage, this was already cut out just waiting for the blue when Cheesehead posted the same block. What can I say great minds think a like
I love how you've used the black for this Christmas block, Cheesehead. It's really working out well for this fabric.
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
I just finished this block for JayneW, such beautiful fabric!
Kassaundra, how sweet of you to spend time with your niece, teaching her to sew and making a special gift for her cousin. That's the real gift, your time and skills. You're a fine aunt. And look how happy your niece is.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I am exhausted it has been a marathon sewing day but no blocks done. We were keeping the great niece and nephews today, there has been drama in their home. My niece really wanted to sew a "princess dress" for her young cousin who she is visiting tomorrow. Abigail picked out the fabric and pattern and loves this dress. She helped sew it she has never sewn before. I had never sewn children's clothes and haven't sewn adult clothes in near 20 years. This dress is rough up close but will make a very expensive dress up dress. Abigail loves it and is so thrilled to be able to gift it to her little cousin tomorrow, well worth the day spent making it.
Love your Ring around the rosy cheeked Santas.
Originally Posted by GramE View Post
... But this was a good one. I call it Ring around the rosy cheeked Santas!...
Old 07-17-2018, 04:34 AM

Hi, Jaba. So glad you are up to a bit of sewing! I'll be thrilled to post your pix when you show them to us. I'm sorry about the hair, and I know it doesn't help much right now but it does grow back. You'll have a full head of hair again soon, maybe the same as before, maybe different but it'll be all yours. Hugs.
Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Ladies, I love the blocks. Been making a few on my own so go with yours so I can have 2 quilts. Seems as though I'm going slow motion and it takes me forever but it is at my pace right now I guess. I'll get there. Started week 4 of treatment today so I'm 1/2 way done. Feeling pretty good, just get tired fast and feel that I am in a slow motion state and I probably am!! Probably the most aware for sure moment was yesterday, shower and the drain was full of hair. That hit home real fast, it was an awakening for sure and a little "quiet cry time" Took me back a few years and I remember my mother being devastated…..Hard to take but I am in the frame of mind where if that's what it takes, so be it, cancer will be gone.
I still have a few blocks to make and then I will post and show you ladies what I have made to go with your beautiful blocks. Again, I so so appreciate your time, effort, personal PM's, cards, and the very special friendship you have shown me. I truly have a very special feeling for all of you. Thank you so much for helping me through this difficult time, we will concur!!!!
Old 07-17-2018, 05:21 AM

Jaba I'm so sorry to hear about your hair but Sew is right..when my sister had breast cancer she lost all her hair that was thick and fine but when it grew back it was very wavy and still thick. I keep saying prayers for you and hoping you get thru this and get your energy back!!
Love the santa block..that took a lot of imagination to get all those Santas just right. Everyone is doing a great job this boom!!
Stay cool if you can..ONLY 90 here today!!