Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 07-17-2018, 05:19 PM

Darcy my sister does quilt, she takes all my scraps and donated fabric she receives and creates quilts for her church mission. I also have her hooked on machine embroidery.

SEwbiz can’t wait to see what you have been doing, did you use a ruler for the swirl or did you do it freehand?

TG all your blocks are great, I especially like Darcy’s block.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:13 PM

Darcyshannon, any type of appliqué is acceptable however it should be permanently stitched down at some point in the process. Simply fusing it will be insufficient. I hadn’t thought to add that to the “rules” but maybe it would be best to do so.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:15 PM
Power Poster

TG, your blocks are beautiful. Thanks so much for mine! Delaware Crosspatch is a favorite block of mine.

Terri, I did a freehand swirl meander. I recently bought Angela Walter’s book on meander quilting, and that was one of the designs from that book. She has a YouTube video on it too.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:34 PM

Terriamn, I'm sorry to hear you had such a rough day. I hope tomorrow will be a better one. But despite your bad day, your blocks are terrific! Good save.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Yes I have the sweet 16 and if life ever gets back to normal it would be fun to play with it instead of rush rush.

Today I had a doctor appt. put address in my car navigation system exactly as written down from “ My Chart”. After 45 minutes of trying to find the place I pulled over and called their office. Receptionist said oh you must have put in Avenue instead of drive. She didn’t know directions for me to get there and said she would tell them I would be late. I drove around till I found it by by a chance of luck. Nurse told me that happens quite a bit but the higher ups didn’t know where the address was coming from. I showed her on my phone where it was listed with the wrong address on “my chart”.

Boy am I crabby and hot.

First block is for Sewbiz, I know you like the Folded Corner Blocks, second block is for HB4, Spinner and thought I might cool down a bit working with jolly ole Santa. Darn I forgot the name of the block. The 4 diamond 🎅 you used a template
TravelingGramma, you came out swinging with all these blocks! Love the one for Billi. It's not a pattern I've seen before and it doesn't look easy. Great job on all of them.
Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
My Grands left on Saturday -my house is sooo quiet. The monsoon season has struck hard and after 190 days with no measurable precipitation, we have received 7" in the past week.
I looked through the photos and I know I missed seeing a number of them - the blocks all play so nicely and are going to make some amazing quilts. I also noticed I have been delinquent in posting
Here are Bibliostone and Billi's
Darcy let me personalize her block and that helped me pick a pattern.
GramE - your fabric is so beautiful and soft and I loved working with it
And then we have Libster and her yellow flowers. Photo doesn't do colors well - but I was really happy with the match
And SewBiz - matched your green to a T
Now to get my house back in order, my fabric back in correct tubs, and finish up on my blocks
Old 07-17-2018, 10:51 PM

I had planned on posting Sisters photos tonight but didnt sleep well due to heat (I know a lot of you can relate) but plan to tomorrow morning.

Pretty blocks TG, you have been busy. I enjoy the variety and think all the blocks show off the main fabrics well. Thank you for the block with the oranges and the initial in the center. It will be a lovely addition.

Regarding appliqué, I think the definition includes sewing down but maybe someone wouldn’t know. I just didn’t know if there were any kinds of appliqué that weren’t used in the boom.

Alright, I’m drooping and just looking forward to weather coming up in the low 80s.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:58 AM

And then we have Libster and her yellow flowers. Photo doesn't do colors well - but I was really happy with the match
And SewBiz - matched your green to a T
Now to get my house back in order, my fabric back in correct tubs, and finish up on my blocks

TG, you nailed it with my block. Love it. Thanks.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:17 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]598034[/ATTACH]
First post surgery block-feels good to be doing something productive!!
Attached Thumbnails libsterboom_opt.jpg  
Old 07-18-2018, 10:17 AM

Yea!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2018, 10:21 AM

There you go, Stafar! Welcome back to piecing! Am happy to hear you’re feeling well enough to do some sewing. Yay!
Originally Posted by Stafar View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]598034[/ATTACH]
First post surgery block-feels good to be doing something productive!!
Old 07-18-2018, 10:41 AM

Thanks for the pretty block, Stafar. Glad you're on the mend and feeling better.