Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 06-08-2018, 12:45 PM

Welcome Stafar! Thank you for stepping in.
I was really disappointed in the "quilt fabric sale" today.. The woman who died was 95 and a lot of the fabric was what looked like older "wal mart" grade fabric. Lots of quilt books.. the machines were not names I recognized except one singer and it was not a treadle or in very good shape..so I actually didnt buy anything...disappointing but I sure didnt "need" to buy something I wouldnt use. Anxious to see how many F8s are arriving!
Old 06-08-2018, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Welcome Stafar! Thank you for stepping in.
I was really disappointed in the "quilt fabric sale" today.. The woman who died was 95 and a lot of the fabric was what looked like older "wal mart" grade fabric. Lots of quilt books.. the machines were not names I recognized except one singer and it was not a treadle or in very good shape..so I actually didnt buy anything...disappointing but I sure didnt "need" to buy something I wouldnt use. Anxious to see how many F8s are arriving!
Joan,
I bought a Singer in a cabinet in an online auction for 20 bucks. Have to pick it up Monday am anxious to see how it sounds. And they had a cabinet full of patterns, fabric, trim and such but about 50 spools of thread. Someone tried to outbid me with 1 minute to go but I was waiting for it and I won. $7 for the lot there’s probably 30+ dollars worth of thread. And a box of kitchen utensils, my weakness. There was 3 pair of scissors in there and it was $5. Now I have to drive 80 miles to pick it up Monday, but having lunch with a friend who lives in the area so a win/win for me!

Our town is having its its annual garage sale tomorrow and we decided to thin out some things since no advertising needed. Ya won’t be able to move in town from 8-12. It will be packed. I’m surprised by the fire I’ve lit under DH. If you are close enough (haha) i’ve Got 8 nerf guns for sale! I wish I was in Shipshewana trying to see Terri. One of those weeks where you can’t do it all. My LAQ just called and she has 2 quilts of mine done. I probably won’t get up there til Wed.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:06 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595751[/ATTACH]
My pick for fabric-I've been looking at it sitting there just doing nothing for about a month so guess it's time to create with her. She is in the washer now and will be ironed, cut and packaged tomorrow-then in the mail Monday!!
I'm probably going to do a couple baby quilts with the blocks. No specific requests-just create away.
Attached Thumbnails boom21.jpg  
Old 06-08-2018, 02:34 PM

Baby quilt, ohhh I have ideas, will have to wait and see if the repeat is right. [QUOoTE=Stafar;8072948][ATTACH=CONFIG]595751[/ATTACH]
My pick for fabric-I've been looking at it sitting there just doing nothing for about a month so guess it's time to create with her. She is in the washer now and will be ironed, cut and packaged tomorrow-then in the mail Monday!!
I'm probably going to do a couple baby quilts with the blocks. No specific requests-just create away.[/QUOTE]
Old 06-08-2018, 03:06 PM

Welcome Stafar! I cannot wait to work with your fabric. I have the perfect plan. I love it.

Originally Posted by Stafar View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595751[/ATTACH]
I'm probably going to do a couple baby quilts with the blocks. No specific requests-just create away.
Old 06-08-2018, 03:24 PM

Welcome Stafar, what fun fabric.
Old 06-08-2018, 03:38 PM

Janice, I didn't note which group should get which fabrics since they were both 19 F8 and almost everyone is getting a different fabric, so you can decide.

Some will get black/white to finish the Black/White/splash of color quilt from a couple of booms ago.
Some will get black/red to finish my black and red quilt from the black/white/splash of color boom since I had several people use red I thought it would be cool to do one with just red/black/white ( my high school colors).
Some will be getting blue/yellow so I have enough to finish a quilt from a swap I did years ago when I first found the board and the swap group.
Old 06-08-2018, 03:46 PM

Stafar, I love your fabric! Going to be fun working with that one.
Old 06-08-2018, 04:32 PM

Stafar, welcome! Thank you for filling in the empty spot. Your fabric will be fun to work with.
Old 06-08-2018, 05:15 PM

Welcome Stafar. We have experience with under the sea creatures. I love baby quilts!