Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Has anyone ever found a comfortable bra? >

Has anyone ever found a comfortable bra?

Has anyone ever found a comfortable bra?

Old 05-24-2011, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by ontheriver
Most comfortable one is the one I don't put on. Save them for "going to town" days.
Oh my goodness! That is me. If it wasn't for nursing three kids that caused my nipples to stick out, I wouldn't even wear one. Flatter than a flitter anyway!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:26 AM
Power Poster

I'm totally cracking up over the guys chiming in!!! But it's really a good topic.
Thanks everyone, I also never seem to find a good one and I absolutely cannot go bra-less LOL
Old 05-24-2011, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by ontheriver
Most comfortable one is the one I don't put on. Save them for "going to town" days.
Me too! if I am home, the girls are free. I hate bras. I have never had one that didn't hurt somewhere.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:28 AM

I have tried everything and the most comfortable I have found are from Lane Bryant. They are underwire but it isn't even noticeable. Hope you find something that works for you.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:39 AM

I also have a few thoughts in this area...First, I wear a 44I !!! I, too, broke my collar bone, which healed "crooked," then, (stupidly)went rollerskating a few years back, fell and permanantly dislocated a rib...right at the same spot that an underwire sits. No pain in the world compares to having a stress blister under your heavy busom. So, no underwires, but lots of falling straps...and lots of frustration.
A few years back, I read that Jane Russell also had this problem, and that her love interest, at that time, was Howard Hughes, the famous engineer. He actually Engineered her a bra!!! She said that from then on, it was the only bra she would wear, and commissioned to have them made from his patterns.
What I want to know is this---Women need bras that fit. Rarely are we happy with the offerings that exist. WHY doesn't someone ENGINEER a bra that works, lifts, is comfortable, doesn't inflict pain (either physically or in the pocketbook), and doesn't look like and armored TANK?

Oh, and where are Howard Hughes' patterns?

Maybe we should propound our thoughts to the great brains at MIT, etc., and see what they come up with!

Okay, I'll stop now!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:18 AM

At least I now know this is an issue for many and not just for me. Closest I have come is a Warners bra, no padding no underwire called sheer bliss. I have tired Wacoal and found they were not better despite the price.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:36 AM
nab

I'm with you all. When I get home off come the shoes next is the bra. If I'm not going anywhere and no one is coming to my house it stays off. Sometimes I actually get crabby because my bra is biting. As soon as it's off I'm fine. Please if anyone finds a comfortable one pass it on.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by clipper35
I have found it girls, the AHH bra, its the most comfortable bra there is, I can put it on and I don't take it off till I go to bed. I used to take them off the minute I got home I hate bras, but I haven't worn anything else since I bought my first one. I threw all the others away. Just type in Ahh bra and you will go right to it.
Finally I just knew someone else would have tried & loved these too! I have six of them & I wear them 2 at a time ( for more support) but I LOVE them! I am a 42DD & CAN'T do underwires! LOVE them I HIGHLY reccomend them!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by mrsk
Originally Posted by clipper35
I have found it girls, the AHH bra, its the most comfortable bra there is, I can put it on and I don't take it off till I go to bed. I used to take them off the minute I got home I hate bras, but I haven't worn anything else since I bought my first one. I threw all the others away. Just type in Ahh bra and you will go right to it.
Finally I just knew someone else would have tried & loved these too! I have six of them & I wear them 2 at a time ( for more support) but I LOVE them! I am a 42DD & CAN'T do underwires! LOVE them I HIGHLY reccomend them!
believe it or not, the Ahhh bra was the first underwire bra I got when I was 14, lo these many (40) years ago.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by deedee75
If only I had the boobs to put in a bra! *sigh* If I were any more flat chested, I'd be a boy!
Sounds like my little sister.....when asked is she regularly examines her breasts, she told the doc that if she had a lump you'd see it! AND, remember that you are one of the fortunates that can go braless in the summer. I'm sure you don't even know the discomfort some of us have with that.