Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
It's the cranky season here >

It's the cranky season here

It's the cranky season here

Old 08-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cheshirecatquilter
When my 4 kids (all under 6) were small, and I was overwhelmed, I started a grateful campaign. I called up my best friend and told her what I was grateful for -- that particular day I was grateful that the dog came back, as I had mistakenly hooked the wrong dog to the chain when I let them out and the wanderer was laughing at me as she ran down the driveway flagging her happy tail; I was grateful that the blender was only half full of milk and chocolate pudding when my son hit the blend button with the cover not yet on; I was grateful that I caught the corner of the diaper soaking in the toilet before it disappeared completely down the hole when the same son decided to help by flushing for me; I was grateful that my husband was at work and out of reach so I wouldn't be arrested and booked for enjoying my cushy life sitting at home with the kids.
LOL Love your take on life :thumbup:
Old 08-22-2011, 07:44 PM

Just happy to be here!
Old 08-23-2011, 08:17 AM

Lord help me I remember those days well...4 under 2 and no help from the spouse....It does get better.

Originally Posted by sharon b
When my 4 kids (all under 6) were small, and I was overwhelmed, I started a grateful campaign. I called up my best friend and told her what I was grateful for -- that particular day I was grateful that the dog came back, as I had mistakenly hooked the wrong dog to the chain when I let them out and the wanderer was laughing at me as she ran down the driveway flagging her happy tail; I was grateful that the blender was only half full of milk and chocolate pudding when my son hit the blend button with the cover not yet on; I was grateful that I caught the corner of the diaper soaking in the toilet before it disappeared completely down the hole when the same son decided to help by flushing for me; I was grateful that my husband was at work and out of reach so I wouldn't be arrested and booked for enjoying my cushy life sitting at home with the kids.
LOL Love your take on life :thumbup:
Old 08-23-2011, 08:45 AM

Is the cup half-empty, or half-full? It's all in our perception. We decide to be happy, or unhappy.
There's a joke about a father with one optimistic & one pessimistic son.Both wanted a pony for Christmas, & he decided to teach them a lesson.When Christmas came, and they were anxious for their "big" gift, he told them to go to their rooms. The pessimistic son opened his door, saw a beautiful pony, and said" Great, now I'll spend all my time grooming, feeding & caring for this animal!"
The optomistic son ran to his room, expecting the same, and, instead found a room full of straw,horse offal and a pitch fork. He began to clear out the room with a big grin on his face. Dad, confused, asked why he was so happy.The optimist said "With all this ...., there's got to be a pony somewhere!" :thumbup:
Old 08-23-2011, 10:51 AM

Now, that makes me smile! (with you, really)...
Old 08-23-2011, 10:54 AM

And DS is making supper for me for the first time ever tonight. Steak tips, baked potatoes and a veg. Just me. DH is away. DS leaves for college next week, 15 hours away. I am grateful for this time with him. (And he hasn't been moody at all)!
Old 08-23-2011, 01:20 PM

This made me laugh & think of this thread:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-245864.jpe  
Old 08-23-2011, 09:16 PM

Was able to provide transportation for my 2 daughters to and from work. Came home and made meatloaf (yum yum!) and I'm getting ready to have a slice of warm berry pie with ice cream. Yes, it's been a good day!
Old 08-23-2011, 11:33 PM

I have one beautiful grand daughter, And Another grandchild on the way. I am so excited.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:13 AM

I got to skype with both of my daughters on the same day!! Life is good.