Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How do you eat your peanut butter? >

How do you eat your peanut butter?

How do you eat your peanut butter?

Old 07-07-2010, 10:53 PM

One finger at a time! lol not really.

DH eats it on his hamburgers with mayo. Not me.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by Howard
I have peanut butter on buttered whole wheat toast and then sprinkled with cinnamon/sugar mixture. Yummy! Good with oatmeal.
I never thought to put it in oatmeal....yum!!!!
Old 07-08-2010, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by marybs
Originally Posted by Howard
I have peanut butter on buttered whole wheat toast and then sprinkled with cinnamon/sugar mixture. Yummy! Good with oatmeal.
I never thought to put it in oatmeal....yum!!!!
LOL...I didn't mean to put it in oatmeal, just to have the toast and oatmeal at the same time. Have to try it in oatmeal though, sounds good. You guys are too funny !!
Old 07-08-2010, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by b.zang
Peanut butter sure is a versatile substance. I'm surprised to see Aussie Quilter in here, since I thought peanut butter was disliked in Australia (in favour of Marmite).
Peanut butter has always gone down big over here in OZ. Marmite? UGH! Only the Poms (English) like that. Vegemite is the national spread over here. You start eating it as a baby! However, you *don't* spread it thickly like peanut butter, if you do it tastes bitter. You just use a scraping of it. Some people - like DS and DGS - like it spread thickly, most people don't. It can also be used in soups, stews, and gravies.

It is also supplied to our troops overseas in the largest jars possible. Think they would riot if it ever ran out. :)
Old 07-08-2010, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Aussie Quilter
Peanut butter sure is a versatile substance. I'm surprised to see Aussie Quilter in here, since I thought peanut butter was disliked in Australia (in favour of Marmite).
Peanut butter has always gone down big over here in OZ. Marmite? UGH! Only the Poms (English) like that. Vegemite is the national spread over here. You start eating it as a baby! However, you *don't* spread it thickly like peanut butter, if you do it tastes bitter. You just use a scraping of it. Some people - like DS and DGS - like it spread thickly, most people don't. It can also be used in soups, stews, and gravies.

It is also supplied to our troops overseas in the largest jars possible. Think they would riot if it ever ran out. :)
POMS ?
Old 07-08-2010, 06:03 AM
Banned

I eat it on crackers. God bless. Penny
Old 07-08-2010, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Aussie Quilter

Marmite - Vegemite - I can't imagine either one on toast although my POM MIL loved them both. I use them in soups and stews.
Thanks for straightening me out!!!
Old 07-08-2010, 09:05 AM

I eat my PB for breakfast (and any other time too) with my
biscuits, pancakes, waffles or toast. My kids (who are now
48 & 46)favorite snack when they were small and now too, was to spread it on a cracker top with a marshmallow and pop
in microwave until marshmallow was soft then top with another cracker.My hubby and I still have this snack often too.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:28 AM

I like to heat (in micro for 20sec) a tablespoon of peanut butter then mix with some cool whip. Add a sliced banana! Yummy!
I also like it on pancakes.
When I was young I remember my dad spreading it on his baloney sandwich.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by BDor
I eat my PB for breakfast (and any other time too) with my
biscuits, pancakes, waffles or toast. My kids (who are now
48 & 46)favorite snack when they were small and now too, was to spread it on a cracker top with a marshmallow and pop
in microwave until marshmallow was soft then top with another cracker.My hubby and I still have this snack often too.
B/4 popping it in the microwave, sprinkle a few choc. chips on the marshmallow. Think you will love it !