Secret Santa 2009

Old 11-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
Originally Posted by trupeach
Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
My package is wrapped and ready to go to the PO in the morning....Maybe :twisted: I should go and buy some Mexican Jumping Beans to put inside :lol: ? It could make some interesting noises until opening......... :shock:
I didn't think you could buy mexican jumping beans anymore I thought they were illegal.
I didn't know that! I guess that is why I haven't seen them anywhere. Why were they made illegal? :shock:
They are a regular bean that is edible however some kind of an insect puts a hole in the bean and lays their eggs. They (whoever they is)don't want the bug to get to other places, I don't remember the reason though so the mexican jumping bean is now illegal to sell in the US.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:42 PM

OK, was this naughty or nice?

I looked through my person's postings and bookmarks to try to find something out about them and saw an interest in a topic I've been thinking about trying also. Last spring I saw a book on Amazon that was highly rated with directions for making this particular item, and I've wanted the book for a long time. So I decided to get this book for my person...and since I didn't have enough in the order to reach the $25 for free shipping, I of course had to order one for me too to reach the free shipping point! So am I selfish or smart?

Both books arrived. Mine has fingerprints all through it already, the other is clean and fresh. I hope she likes it!
Old 11-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Teacup
OK, was this naughty or nice?

I looked through my person's postings and bookmarks to try to find something out about them and saw an interest in a topic I've been thinking about trying also. Last spring I saw a book on Amazon that was highly rated with directions for making this particular item, and I've wanted the book for a long time. So I decided to get this book for my person...and since I didn't have enough in the order to reach the $25 for free shipping, I of course had to order one for me too to reach the free shipping point! So am I selfish or smart?

Both books arrived. Mine has fingerprints all through it already, the other is clean and fresh. I hope she likes it!

I go with smart if you had to pay shipping on one book it would have probably been around $4 so whatever the cost of your book was deduct what it would have cost for shipping and that in reality is what you paid for your book. YOU got a bargin!!!! :D :D :D :D
Old 11-06-2009, 09:31 PM

No packages for me either! :( :(
Old 11-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
No packages for me either! :( :(
YES you are safe another day
Old 11-06-2009, 09:44 PM

Now I have to wait 2 more days for mail. UGH!
Hope some sort of package comes on Monday!!
Old 11-07-2009, 04:57 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Now I have to wait 2 more days for mail. UGH!
Hope some sort of package comes on Monday!!
Me thinks while Patti is not quite sure about her package, Terri's package might get pounced on before the mailman lets go of it :shock: ...hee hee hee...wish I could be there to see that! :D
Hmmm, come to think of it, I just did :mrgreen:
Mousie can't wait to get hers, cause she's got a lot to say to it.
I'm going to pet it and love it, and sing to it. No shaking allowed...
I just hope it doesn't emit any maladorous emissions... :roll:
I don't have any square or rectangular 'seat covers'...
duh! oh yeah, I'm a quilter. I can make some if the need arises.
Hmm, wasn't planning on THAT, when I bought these fabrics.
What was that noise? Did I hear a shudder and an eww :? come from Mousie's quilt-cave? :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
Old 11-07-2009, 05:05 AM
Power Poster

Oh...alll you early mailers....and you act PROUD of it!!! What is up with that????? My package has been moved....yet again....I promise you that it calls my name and says things like..."come on....just take a teeny corner off, we need air!"... :shock: Scary, right???

Terri...you didn't get the other one either???? Rats...its sooo great....your gonna LOVE it AND...you get to open it now!
Old 11-07-2009, 05:26 AM

mine went out Friday also....whew now on to the next swap....I need a secretary...LOL
Old 11-07-2009, 05:47 AM

Nope, no package yet. Now I have to wait until Monday. Should go quick because Sunday is ALMOST here! :)