Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone interested in Wool Applique Quilts" >

Anyone interested in Wool Applique Quilts"

Anyone interested in Wool Applique Quilts"

Old 02-20-2011, 04:55 PM

I wished I lived closer to you because I would love to work with more wool. Here are two projects I did awhile back. At least I get to share with you:)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-163435.jpe   attachment-163436.jpe   attachment-163437.jpe  
Old 02-20-2011, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by jojosnana
I wished I lived closer to you because I would love to work with more wool. Here are two projects I did awhile back. At least I get to share with you:)
Oh my gosh, Jojosnana - your work is gorgeous! I love it. I wish you lived closer to me too.
My ex-hubby is from Farmington Hills, MI. I was married to him for 20 years and we went to visit his family there. How long have you lived there? You might have known them. He passed away over 10 years ago so it has been a while. But I thought it was beautiful. We went out to somewhere that had apple cider and wonderful ice cream.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:48 PM

Thanks so much for the compliment.
I have lived in FH for 15 years this May, Royal Oak (not far from here) for the rest of my life except for when I traveled for work (4 continents of wonderful).
The cider mill was probably Franklin cider mill (yum). The wonderful ice cream could have been any number of places. I live at apx 13 mile and middlebelt in N FH....... thanks for responding.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:52 PM

Michigan is really beautiful. I think sometimes all anyone things of is Detroit - and it has been in trouble for many years. As I recall when we were there over 10 years ago the stores in the city were empty and boarded up way back then. Hopefully it is coming back. I'll never forget seeing Motown in person!
Old 02-20-2011, 06:59 PM

If you come back, come in the summer. You must go to downtown Detroit by the River. It is beautiful. They put in a strolling walk for miles and it is just fab. Dave Bing is doing a lot but they have so many problems that were left for them to fix. Still there are a lot of very nice areas to start with. We shall see. They are talking about putting in a mass trasit system from Detroit to 8 mile road. That would be something.
The people mover downtown is used a lot.
Well I go on and on. Please feel free to visit Michigan any time. We have sooooo much water to see!
Old 02-20-2011, 08:52 PM

jojosnana, those are beautiful projects! Thank you for sharing! :-D
Old 02-20-2011, 08:53 PM

jojosnana, those are beautiful projects! Thank you for sharing! :-D
Old 02-20-2011, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by roxannebcb
Originally Posted by neenas
I'de be interested. I buy old wool skirts take them apart and felt them. I haven't hand died very much but would like to learn. neena
I love finding wool clothes to take apart. Unfortunately in this town (Portland, OR) I am not the only one doing this so have a lot of competition at the thrift stores. Sometimes I find stuff on craigslist but not often. Right now I have quite a stash to overdye so I'm happy for a while. HA - never enough wool or fabric.
You should make a road trip up to Des Moines, Washington. Carriage Country Quilts is heavy into wool! And they are an awesome store.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by gzuslivz
I'de be interested. I buy old wool skirts take them apart and felt them. I haven't hand died very much but would like to learn. neena
I love finding wool clothes to take apart. Unfortunately in this town (Portland, OR) I am not the only one doing this so have a lot of competition at the thrift stores. Sometimes I find stuff on craigslist but not often. Right now I have quite a stash to overdye so I'm happy for a while. HA - never enough wool or fabric.
You should make a road trip up to Des Moines, Washington. Carriage Country Quilts is heavy into wool! And they are an awesome store.
Thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in mind for the next time we drive North.

I've only done one wool project so far. Here's the link to the thread I posted. They were done in Dec. '09.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-31743-1.htm
Old 02-20-2011, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by gzuslivz
We just might be doing a road trip this summer. I'll keep it in mind.