Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >
  • Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

• Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-01-2011, 02:33 PM

msnbc has been covering the occupywallstreet protesters. they are 99%, like you and me, that are being profitted from by the top 1%. we create and facilitate the production of everything that makes money for the top 1% of our country. i'm not a radical, but i have noticed we have less and less while big companies are still making obscene profits. these protests, totally non-violent, are happening all over the country. if you support this, please, let your voice be heard!
    Old 10-01-2011, 03:14 PM

Hey guys!! I am here! Congrats to September's biggest loser!! Yay for you!

I have not been getting emails and so I am hoping that this no-email thing is over for me.

I am doing great but am experiencing a lot more stress the last few days and will for a few more days to come. Not a happy Missy time.

My weight is going down down down. I am not going to weigh again until next Friday when I do I will post the latest numbers.

For those that do not know me I am Missy and I am here to support yall. I have had weight loss surgery and do not feel that it would be fair to be in the running for the FQs so I will do what I can which is try and support yall.

You guys hang in there and know I am thinking about you and wishing you guys the best for this month. BIG HUGS!!

Missy
    Old 10-01-2011, 03:29 PM

Would anyone be interested in doing a taboo food for the week. At my TOPS club we put a bunch of different items on a slip of paper ie. eat fruits or veggies, no fried foods, ice cream, snacks except your two daily snacks, nuts, ect. It can be a good for your food or a bad for you food, exercise and put them in a can. Draw a different one out each week. We pay a dime if we eat that food or if it is a good for you food...if we don't eat it. We could pm them to purpleman and she could draw one each week and post it. Maybe someone would have a suggestion what to send the winner like an added something with the fat quarter. Just a suggestion. Hope this makes sense.
    Old 10-01-2011, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Pam 304
    Would anyone be interested in doing a taboo food for the week. At my TOPS club we put a bunch of different items on a slip of paper ie. eat fruits or veggies, no fried foods, ice cream, snacks except your two daily snacks, nuts, ect. It can be a good for your food or a bad for you food, exercise and put them in a can. Draw a different one out each week. We pay a dime if we eat that food or if it is a good for you food...if we don't eat it. We could pm them to purpleman and she could draw one each week and post it. Maybe someone would have a suggestion what to send the winner like an added something with the fat quarter. Just a suggestion. Hope this makes sense.
    That sounds like a great idea. What is TOPS?

Missy
    Old 10-01-2011, 04:06 PM

Pam, that's a good idea, but I think it works better in person than online. Some of us have trouble getting out FQs out in a timely manner. The taboo food would work, then we could just post our success (or not), but if we wanted a drawing, I'd suggest someone other than MJ volunteer. She does a good job keeping us and on track and that's enough for one person.
    nancia, come ahead. Just give me enough notice so I clean out a bedroom.
    Lynne, I wanted a Coke so bad when I was shopping and I was 'blaming' you. I picked one up, saw the second ingredient after water was high fructose corn syrup and put it back. Then I put back the frozen yogurt I'd picked up to make a Coke float.
    Hey, Pam, here's a good first taboo - High Fructose Corn Syrup as an ingredient. Not a healthy food and in so much of what's available out there.

Off to walk the dogs, but it won't be long this evening. Poor babies. Yeah, right, if I didn't have them they'd be pushing up daisies. They have raw beef, pork and chicken liver thawing. They are not deprived.
    Old 10-01-2011, 04:30 PM

Pam,
    I like that idea but I nominate someone else for the logistics. I sometimes have times I have to be away from the computer for a while.

I like the "no SOMETHING" for the week and a penalty for breaking the taboo, but don't know exactly what the penalty could effectively be. We aren't allowed to collect dimes, etc.

hmmm

brainstorm with me, how can we make this quilty and fun and easy???
    Old 10-01-2011, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
    Hi, I would like to join you, if I may. I have been a yo yo dieter most of my life until a few years ago when I decided I was going to get rid of some of the flab for good. Healthy eating has helped me to drop 84lbs and still going..... but it is harder now, especially as I have a health condition taht entails taking meds that put weight on! It makes it hard, but I am still determined. I would love some encouragement as well as give some.

Sue
    84lbs!! you go girl!! That is great, Keep up the good spirits!
    Old 10-01-2011, 04:38 PM

I guess I can put this on here... go to www.tops.org It is a weigh lost group. It cost 26.00 to join and you get a magazine every two months. We usually have contest. You get a charm for each ten pounds you lose. We pay sixty cents a week dues. For each pound you gain we pay 15 cents but after a holiday it is doubled. Each chapter has their own amount for dues and fines. But they try to keep it low cost. I do know the yearly dues will raise to 28.00 in January.
    I just suggested purpleman I thought she was sort of the moderator or person that headed the thread up.

I too am a pop drinker diet though but I do have renal failure so I know I shouldn't drink it and I can put away about a carton a day. Lately I have been trying to drink more water.
    Hope everyone has a good month, week, day, hour, min.!!!! This is a life long journey and not a easy one. I have been overweight since I was 6.
    Old 10-01-2011, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    Pam,
    I like that idea but I nominate someone else for the logistics. I sometimes have times I have to be away from the computer for a while.

I like the "no SOMETHING" for the week and a penalty for breaking the taboo, but don't know exactly what the penalty could effectively be. We aren't allowed to collect dimes, etc.

hmmm

brainstorm with me, how can we make this quilty and fun and easy???

Sorry I got your name wrong. I am sure we can come up with something.
    Old 10-01-2011, 07:23 PM

Good evening, I just joined for October. I saw this group posted a week or so ago. I have decided it has to come off and as it has been on for years, it will take awhile. I started on my own the 1st week of September and have been very good. I know it will be slow, but I have a closet full of clothes that beg for a smaller me.
    I just got back from walking our dog. The morning walk and evening walk are part of a healthy ritual. If I didn't have Murphy dancing around saying it's time, it's time, I know I would put it off.

Congrats to Kalvert, I sent your skinny quarter off this afternoon, maybe you will get it Monday.

See you all tomorrow and drink a glass of water right now.