Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-01-2011, 06:45 AM

Congratulations katvert! 13# is an awesome success for a month!
Old 10-01-2011, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
welcome grammasheshe! we love new and old (that's why they keep me around-i'm the old, lol}.
We keep you cuz we love you!
Old 10-01-2011, 07:13 AM

I just joined this challenge, but wanted to PM katvert and could not have her link come up. I went to user list and put that word in and found nothing, I tried my name and it did come up. Is that the correct spelling?
Old 10-01-2011, 07:23 AM

Lynne, are you sure you want me posting? Thank you for your honesty, but Holy Shi!. What you've done to your weight is fixable now that your usual determination is back, but that many phosphates for your bones????? I've always felt my addiction to ONE Coke a day was a factor in my osteoporosis. I'm not going to total your number for September. Okay, lecture over. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. Please don't overdo it with those knees.

Jeanne, that's a scary diagnosis, but sometimes knowing is good. I hope your new meds and your new improved way of eating are the perfect combination. Not driving would be (h-m-m, can't think of an appropriate word that I can type here.) I am very attached to my freedom as, I'm sure, you are. There are times I don't start my car for 4 or 5 days, but I need to know I can. My mother had epilepsy, but you can be sure it didn't slow her down.

The sun is shining at last, I feel good except a very sore back and foot (apparently my damaged nerves don't like the flu), so I'm off to vacuum and go get the things I need to bake for tomorrow. I will walk my sweet dogs today. They are amazing. On normal days, the big one says "Walk" and the little one barks her agreement. For the last two days they have been content to curl up beside me. I can see by the way they're prancing around that they know I'm better.

Praying for the best outcome for Cindy. This is not how we want to lose weight. Having part of your body removed and having to eat hospital food. Yeesch!

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
Judy
Old 10-01-2011, 07:29 AM

Thanks everyone, it was hard work but worth it. Congrats to everyone, because every little bit helps.

This month I have been doing the WW plan and making healthier choices where ever I go. It is amazing when you really start looking at labels what you thought was healthy really is not.

I have Also been exercising alot. I take the water classes at the YMCA, because of my arthritis I have really had to modify what I can do but I found something that works

I also was honest about my weight and size with those people around me. So they know what I am trying to do and can support me rather than tempt me.

I think the key is finding what works for you. Something I really had to learn lately, since. Can't do things the same way I used to.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:37 AM

Welcome to all the newcomers and welcome back to all who aren't so new to our corner of the world. Posting is definitely part of the process of changing our lives to change our weight and I applaud MJ calling that to our attention.

My weight loss goal for October is 2.5 pounds. I couldn't decide on 2 or 3, so I wrote down 2 1/2. My exercise goal is to continue the long walk in the evening, the 30 minute exercise program and add a daytime walk now the heat and humidity have left us. The thing I need to work on is, as always, drinking enough water. Need to flush out the pounds and toxins. I saw an article on kettleballs last night. It sounded interesting, but 10 pounds?

I wish everyone a clean eating day with just the right amount of exercise.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:41 AM

kayvert, thank you for your story. It's encouraging to hear of a 13 pound success from someone not who's not pounding the pavement for hours on end. Congratulations.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
kayvert, thank you for your story. It's encouraging to hear of a 13 pound success from someone not who's not pounding the pavement for hours on end. Congratulations.
Lol. My body would yell at me if I pounded the pavement. After a knee surgery 4 years ago and an ankle surgery this past June added to the arthritis I have to be pretty sensitive of my joints or I end up on the couch for a week. Hopefully as the weight comes off I can do more types of things. I have heard that every pound you loose is like 3 pounds if pressure on your knees.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:13 AM

My beginning weight is 267.0. I will lose 5 pounds this month!

I am ready to move off of this roller coaster. My weight loss will be totally by diet as I am STILL on bed rest, but hopefully that will be amended on Tuesday.

I am still praying for Cindy.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by katvert
Originally Posted by irishrose
Lol. My body would yell at me if I pounded the pavement. After a knee surgery 4 years ago and an ankle surgery this past June added to the arthritis I have to be pretty sensitive of my joints or I end up on the couch for a week. Hopefully as the weight comes off I can do more types of things. I have heard that every pound you loose is like 3 pounds if pressure on your knees.
I think my ortho dr said each pound was like 6 pounds of pressure on my knees...regardless it made sense for me to drop some weight too AND I liked hearing that from you because I kinda thought it sounded unbelievable when the dr said it. I started out this January really gunho & I ended up on that couch as well. Took me forever to get back where I could just walk without pain, so I am going slow & steady now.