Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 09-30-2011, 09:11 PM

Hi everyone, I'm in for October. I need to get back on track. Sitting out last month wasn't a good thing for me. I gained alittle but I'm ready to do this. I would like to lose at least 2 lbs a week for the month. So I'll be exercising a whole lot more than I did before, not much in Sept.
My thoughts and prayers are going out to those that need it. So good thoughts to everyone. I'm so glad I'm back.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:16 PM

sounds like a good incentive
I am in!
Old 09-30-2011, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Sheila_H
Count me in this month as well, I don't know how to copy that weight loss bar on here. Can someone help me pls?
I don't know if anyone answered this for you, but you go to www.myfitnesspal.com follow the steps for creating an account (it's free) and at the end it will give you a code, Copy the BBcode and go under your profile on here and paste it into the signature box.

Hope this helps!
Old 10-01-2011, 03:10 AM

Welcome to all the new people.

MJ I love the idea of haveing to post that way we get to know each other better.

As usual I can't remember what the FQ is supposed to be for Sept. can someone remind me?

Had my EEG yesterday and met with the neurologist. I was in for a shock. I thought all these symptoms I've been having have come from low blood sugar but probably not. I have ambnormal brain wave which indicate mini seizure activity. It would also explain my migrains. I really didn't want to find I was having szrs but he said as long as they are not grand mal I can still drive, I just have to monitor myself. He put me on a med called topomax which can interfere with other meds I'm on but rith now it's for a six week trial and if I have any problems I'm supposed to contact him right away. Not what I wanted to hear but not nearly as bad as others on this thread.

I'm off to weigh myself for the beginning of October - I record it on the calender so I remember cus guess who doesn't have a good memory! Then I have to be out to church early to meet the church quilters as we are draping all the quilts we made this year in the santuary for all to see tomorrow. It's quilt Sunday at our church.

Prayers to all that are ill. Will try to check in later.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:14 AM

I got a new battery in my scale and discovered the awful truth. Back to healthy eating. Anxious to be involved. I LOVE this site.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:27 AM

Good morning to all you beautiful losers. Here is the most current list of participants.

Please lemme know if I've left your name off.

1.Purplemem
2.Meanmom
3.JHolm
4.Createfourpaws
5.Leann
6.Beachbound
7.Lauriejo
8.Mim
9.Mythreesuns
10.Marscrafter
11.Nancia
12.Sheila_H
13.Pam H
14.Podunk Princess
15.Xylie55
16.Demshine
17. NanaDInkel
18. Grandma she she
19. conniebrooks
20. reisingranch
21. jarenie
22. Murphy1
23. katvert
24. glassnquilts
25. bettyanne14
26. candyce
27. irishrose
28. jlwheart
29. Gelswood
30. bjeriann
31. crazy_quilter
Old 10-01-2011, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose

I haven't posted much the last 48 hours because I've had the flu or food poisoning, but it's so minor compared to what some are going through I didn't want to mention it. It's getting better.

I'm in, of course. I lost five pounds last month for the first time in a long time. Even if you subtract two because the insect bite reaction pounds, I still lost 3 and that's good for me. Actually it was more today, but it'll be back as soon as I can eat.

I am losing weight and getting healthier. I truly am on both counts and I appreciate the encouragement I've received here.
OK lady, we want to know when you are not feeling well - period. Don't you dare think it too minor. What would you think if I had said that? Now, we understand you not posting because you were too sick to. But you know someone is gonna miss you!

Consider yourself scolded. (with love, as always)

We are here for each other, through thick and thin!

I applaud your 5# loss this month.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
ATTENTION ALL PARTICIPANTS:

I WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE THE "RULES" BUT THIS IS A GROUP DECISION...

I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE IT A REQUIREMENT THAT "TO WIN THE FQ YOU MUST LOG INTO THE THREAD AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK AND PARTICIPATE IN THE DISCUSSION".

WHAT IS YOUR OPINION?

I would like your discussion on this issue, either in PM or on the thread.

MJ
This new suggestion met with all positive remarks so it is now a requirement to win the FQ. How will it be monitored? When you send your weight loss to me in a PM at the end of the month, I will check the thread to confirm you have logged in at least once weekly. IF YOU HAVE NOT PARTICIPATED AT LEAST ONCE WEEKLY (OR INFORMED US THAT YOU HAVE EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES) THEN YOU WILL BE ELIMINATED FROM THE COMPETITION. We need your input, strength and hope.

I hope every one of you meet your goals this month. This is a lifestyle and health change that can prolong your life and definitely improve your quality of life.

Pick your goal for the month and Go! for it!
Old 10-01-2011, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by jlwheart
I'm in and excited to get extra motivation for Oct. - Just saw change to have each participant check in weekly. I like that - it will help me get over my shyness as I'm new to participating. I was a lurker for a long time. My day's not complete unless I check this out what's going on here. I was diagnosed with diabetes Oct 2010 and have lost 67# this last year. Right now I'm stuck and not losing like I was. So this is a wonderful opportunity to get more support and maybe get some fabric if I am lucky enough to win.
WOOHOO, 67# is awesome. You HAVE to share how you did it!

Welcome to the Board and to our group!
Old 10-01-2011, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
Hi everyone, I'm in for October. I need to get back on track. Sitting out last month wasn't a good thing for me. I gained alittle but I'm ready to do this. I would like to lose at least 2 lbs a week for the month. So I'll be exercising a whole lot more than I did before, not much in Sept.
My thoughts and prayers are going out to those that need it. So good thoughts to everyone. I'm so glad I'm back.
I DIDN'T sit out last month and still gained. Glad that you are back, too!