Its really looking great and I think it'll turn out to be very snuggly!! :D
    Old 07-31-2009, 12:15 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Hey Patti - like the new avatar! :D

I think they look great Martina - AND I could see my kids' hands! :D
    Old 07-31-2009, 06:00 AM

Martina, it is looking great!

I love the differant fabrics and ideas everyone used!

Quilters are just truly creative.
    Old 07-31-2009, 09:10 AM

Absolutely beautiful Martina. I am in sewing room today working on another block for you. I have been alittle under the weather and stressed with family emergencies. Sorry I havent gotton mine to you sooner. I misplaced the first one on vacation but located it last night and I am working on another to go with it today. You have done a wonderful job with the quilt and I am so thankful for everyone who has contributed to the hands of hope quilt. Have a Blessed Day Teresa
    Old 07-31-2009, 10:07 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by tslowery
    Sorry I havent gotton mine to you sooner.
    No worries - just get yourself well. There are some more in the works or on the way.

I have to rummage through my stash to find a suitable fabric for sashing. I'm thinking multi-color floral.
    Old 07-31-2009, 10:25 AM

For sashing/borders, I'm thinking colors that POP!! My daughter, who is about her age, is very into lime greens, bright oranges and PURPLE!! If I can find something that I think would look cool, can I pick it up and send it to you? I'm headed to a quilt shop today and would love to donate or help in some way! You can let me know how much you need. I'm thinking about 3 yards? Or I can pick up the backing and get what, 6 yards?

You wouldn't have to use it...if you like it you can. I can also post a photo of the fabric and then you can accept it or kick it back??!!!
    Old 07-31-2009, 10:57 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
    For sashing/borders, I'm thinking colors that POP!! My daughter, who is about her age, is very into lime greens, bright oranges and PURPLE!! If I can find something that I think would look cool, can I pick it up and send it to you? I'm headed to a quilt shop today and would love to donate or help in some way! You can let me know how much you need. I'm thinking about 3 yards? Or I can pick up the backing and get what, 6 yards?

You wouldn't have to use it...if you like it you can. I can also post a photo of the fabric and then you can accept it or kick it back??!!!
    You are a sweety. Thanks for the offer. Actually, I think I want to audition the fabric against the actual blocks and I am pretty sure my stash will yield what I need.

HOWEVER, if you really want to buy some fabric and help out....I was going to make a cuddle quilt for Glendon (Kennedy's brother) and I have NO baseball fabric at all. I bet due to the circumstances in the family, he has to be a very patient little brother and he deserves something special as well. SO, if you want to send some fabric with a baseball theme. That would be awesome. Teresa said he likes red.

Hugs from CA - just for being you.
    Old 07-31-2009, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    Originally Posted by Esqmommy

You are a sweety. Thanks for the offer. Actually, I think I want to audition the fabric against the actual blocks and I am pretty sure my stash will yield what I need.

I think I have some baseball fabric material that I am not using.
    Let me check and I will get back to you!
    Kendra

HOWEVER, if you really want to buy some fabric and help out....I was going to make a cuddle quilt for Glendon (Kennedy's brother) and I have NO baseball fabric at all. I bet due to the circumstances in the family, he has to be a very patient little brother and he deserves something special as well. SO, if you want to send some fabric with a baseball theme. That would be awesome. Teresa said he likes red.

Hugs from CA - just for being you.
    Old 07-31-2009, 12:35 PM

I will get some fabric and pm you when I get home
    Old 07-31-2009, 04:00 PM

I have some very cute embroidered baseball designs if you want a couple of blocks! I'd love to contribute if you want to go that route for him. We could put his name, etc on it as well if you want.
    Also, do you have a lable for Kennedy's quilt? I haven't re-read all the messages lately.

The Quilt Looks Great! I love the different looks, shapes and sizes.