Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My FAVORITE House Blocks!  Let's See Yours!! >

My FAVORITE House Blocks! Let's See Yours!!

My FAVORITE House Blocks! Let's See Yours!!

Old 04-11-2010, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by STEMSAM
Love the block. Beautiful work.
Thank you, Stemsam!! and thanks to all the quilters who made these lovely creations! :D :D
Old 04-11-2010, 03:08 PM

I love them all, especially Around the Block, clothes line, house in woods childrens' quilts etc - amazing how we can get hooked on a particular theme and all so different :thumbup:
Old 04-11-2010, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ada Shiela
I love them all, especially Around the Block, clothes line, house in woods childrens' quilts etc - amazing how we can get hooked on a particular theme and all so different :thumbup:
Yes, that's what keeps it interesting that no two are alike and the possibilities are endless!!! haha. There are lots of favorites here on this thread loved by all!

:D :D
Old 04-11-2010, 03:52 PM

This is one of my favorites also from 1993. I forgot about this one.

the simple humble house
[ATTACH=CONFIG]53779[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-53779.jpe  
Old 04-11-2010, 03:55 PM

Can I write to tell you how much I enjoy each and every house, but I don't have any to show you?? BUT now I have lots of ideas to try because I have been intrigued with house blocks since I started with quilting. Yours are just so pretty and so many kinds, so now I'm all ready to try some. Thanks for sharing all your pics.
Allie
Old 04-11-2010, 03:58 PM

I think I have never seen a house quilt before. I am amazed. Where did you get all the ideas? Did you have patterns or did you make them on your own. Amazing.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Alice
Can I write to tell you how much I enjoy each and every house, but I don't have any to show you?? BUT now I have lots of ideas to try because I have been intrigued with house blocks since I started with quilting. Yours are just so pretty and so many kinds, so now I'm all ready to try some. Thanks for sharing all your pics.
Allie
Your welcome, Allie, and we can't wait to see what you create. It will surely be loved by all! Just bookmark this page and then when you're ready, you can refer to it for ideas!
:-D :-D
Old 04-11-2010, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by dsb38327
I think I have never seen a house quilt before. I am amazed. Where did you get all the ideas? Did you have patterns or did you make them on your own. Amazing.
This collection is amazing! I wish I had made all but they were mostly made by other talented quilters! I just collected the pics of my favorites for my collection so I'll be inspired when I do create another house quilt! I'm the type person who needs no patterns. Most of my quilts are from my own drawings of the patterns I've made, bits of one pattern with bits of another pattern or I may make an original design. I can make any of these quilts just by looking at it, but of course it is my interpretation of that quilt that establishes the pattern. Thank you for looking and enjoying and I hope you will be inspired by all the ideas here on this thread and make your own little dream house mini or block! Be sure and post pics for all to enjoy! Let me know if you'd like a pattern or you can try the pattern I posted. Thank you again!!

:D :D
Old 04-11-2010, 06:27 PM

I love your house blocks. I would like the patterns for the first three of your last group of blocks. Where can I find the patterns?
Old 04-11-2010, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by tcnmom
I love your house blocks. I would like the patterns for the first three of your last group of blocks. Where can I find the patterns?
Thank you!! I'll be glad to make you patterns! Do you mean the houses of brights? and you want the 1st three house patterns? Two have a brown roof and the middle one is blue paisley? If you want, you can send me a PM (private message) by clicking on my name and then clicking on "send a PM." We'll discuss which house patterns you want.

:D