Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

• Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-18-2011, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Oh Sandy I am so sorry. I hated when my son went fly fishing all alone with chest waders for fear if he fell they would fill up and pull him into the river and no one would know. Has it now gone from search and rescue to search and recover????? I don't mean to pry but my heart aches for all involved.
    As of today, they are still calling it search and rescue. However, it does look more and more grim. Tru, you are not prying, Sweetie. I appreciate all your prayers and kind words of comfort. God Bless you all. Hugs, Sandy
    Old 01-19-2011, 12:03 AM

I have just read several days of posts and my heart sank when I read about your family Sandy and the accident on the lake. My prayers are with you and your family He sounds like such a wonderful young man. Thank you for keeping us posted.
    To those who have been keeping on track congrats and to those who have been struggling just one day at a time or one hour or one moment. What ever it takes
    I slipped yesterday but back at it today. Had oatmeal and fresh fruit for breakfast, lunch was tuna salad, dinner was spicy chicken soup and baked tortilla strips.
    Tru sorry to hear about your headache and sour back. Take it easy just rest tomorrow will be better I hope.
    Just noticed it's midnight so goodnight all have a great tomorrow.
    Gail
    Old 01-19-2011, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
    Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Oh Sandy I am so sorry. I hated when my son went fly fishing all alone with chest waders for fear if he fell they would fill up and pull him into the river and no one would know. Has it now gone from search and rescue to search and recover????? I don't mean to pry but my heart aches for all involved.
    As of today, they are still calling it search and rescue. However, it does look more and more grim. Tru, you are not prying, Sweetie. I appreciate all your prayers and kind words of comfort. God Bless you all. Hugs, Sandy
    Any word today? :(
    Old 01-19-2011, 06:01 AM

No word this morning. They continued to search all night and still nothing. Thank you all for your many prayers. The family appreciated your thoughts and prayers so much!! Hugs to all, Sandy
    Old 01-19-2011, 07:31 AM
    Banned

I just got out of bed,it's after 10am......head is still killing me and kept me up. The 1st thing I did was come here. I was hoping for good news from Sandy......as you all know I NEVER give up hope when something tragic happens.

as for my diet........it's doing good. I have been eating every 2-3 hours. I got rye crackers, last night I had 1 at 40 calories with 1 tsp tahini on it and 6 oz of milk. YUM
    I woke up not starving. I have the kettle on for tea so once I am done writing this I will have breakfast. Cinnamon tea and a blueberry corn muffin.
    Old 01-19-2011, 07:47 AM

Good morning everyone. I just talked to my precious Aunt Iggy (Rita Eunice, Daddy's sister, James Eunice's Grandmother). Oh, how I love my Aunt Iggy!!! There is no news this morning. The search continues 24 hrs/day. She said it is amazing to watch the rescue teams searching and diving, doing their job of trying to find James. She said the divers can only stay under water 30 mins at a time. As soon as those divers come up, the next team of divers go in. And its like that all day and night. However, she said this is a "nightmare" and she wishes she was watching them just practicing their job and not the fact that they are trying to find her grandson James.

Aunt Iggy said to tell everyone how much the family appreciates all the prayers, love and support being shown to James and to them. People are out there by the hundreds. The lodge, by the lake, where the family is, has a caretaker with a cooking crew, so food is being prepared 3 times a day for family and rescue teams. She said several BBQ places, KFC, and many other restaurants have sent food, as well Tammy and John's church and many other churches in the community. She said it is just amazing at the outpour of love from everyone.

Aunt Iggy said they are still hoping and praying for a miracle. She said James' mother Tammy, told her yesterday, "If James is no longer with us, I know who one of the first people was to welcome him to Heaven.....his Papa JL (My Aunt Iggy's husband who died 4 yrs ago). Aunt Iggy broke down when she told me that. She said if James is no longe with us, he has surely left a legacy behind as he was such a good Christian young man and was not ashamed to stand up for Christ. Without saying it, I know that the family realizes the possibility that James is no longer with us. But I would not dare take away any pinch of their hope, faith, or belief that our God is an awesome God and He can perform miracles. We will continue to pray for God's Blessing on James, on the family, and that He give them the strength to endure this situation.

Your many prayers, your love, your sweet words, have all been such a comfort to the family. I ask you to please continue to lift James and the family up in prayer. Thank you! May you have a Blessed day! Big hugs, Sandy
    Old 01-19-2011, 11:02 AM
    Banned

WHERE IS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am all alone and oh so sad that my conrades in mischief making and craziness haven't been around..........Did Missy mistake her purse-o-pills for a bag of M&M's?????? There are many colors just like M&M's. Is she dead asleep someplace, like under the table at Taco Bell? OH GGEEE I still have a headache and came here for some laughs but there are none to be had.............so sad, so sad. :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Old 01-19-2011, 12:17 PM

I know where they are. They are out . We finally had a decent day in NYC. More snow is predicted, so we were all stocking up too. I went to Michaels- a 3 block workout- and made up for lost time. Weight training with the bag I carried home !
    There was the longest line I have ever seen at the library. I think I'll go out again, while it is not too nasty. What can I send to cheer you up?
    Old 01-19-2011, 01:15 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I was out running around with little man. We are suppose to have snow tomorrow so I decided I better go take care of a few things. I don't mind driving in the snow if I am by myself.
    Everyone seems to be feeling better except for my oldest who wasn't sick but is now. Guess I will spend the evening sitting in the DR. office again.

Tru I am assuming that Missy is licking the glass windows at the funny farm. Poor thing wasn't doing to well the other day. She was a little on the hyper side she may have shot thru the roof.
    You may need to be on antibiotics. Especially if it is a sinus infection.

I have so much I need to get done when all I want to do is hang out here. I have 2 tutorials that I need to get done by this weekend. That is what I get for showing my creations on the board but I don't mind. It's nice when others find my blocks interesting enough to want to make them. Instead of working on them I decided to make a star block that is taking longer than I thought it would.
    I am really beginning to think I have adult ADHD. I can't focus on one thing at a time, I am all over the place and if I don't makes notes then I get nothing done. Maybe I just have to much crap on my mind.

Get to feeling better Tru.
    I am still praying for Sandy.
    Oh where oh where has my Missy gone.
    Mj I am so proud of you. You are doing awesome.
    If I missed anybody else I am sorry.
    I will try to get back on later this evening.
    Old 01-19-2011, 03:09 PM

I am here! I am alive!! I did shoot through the roof but I am back in my thinking chair. For those that do not know I have a thinking chair where my laptop is and I can only think in that chair or at least that is what I tell my mother. LOL!!

I went to my yoga class today and that was fun.

I am hungry right now so I am going to go see what I can make for my parents and me for dinner.

My mom has been watching the Domestic Violence Channel aka the Lifetime Movie Network. *shakes head*

I am going to start working on a new quilt tomorrow. I love the designing and cutting part. I love the whole part of making a quilt but designing and cutting is fun for me.

I saw the psychiatrist and he said I am doing ok and to not change my med cocktail. YAY cause I so did not want to change anything at all.

SO, my magical purse-o-pills is intact. Woohoo!!

Missy
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-163933.jpe