Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you pay to watch quilting shows online? >

Do you pay to watch quilting shows online?

Do you pay to watch quilting shows online?

Old 07-08-2011, 03:35 PM

No there are so many tutes and free so why pay for more that you can get time for?

Best one I like is www.zeeltv.com and click on the quilters tv.
And of course all the Mousorie Quilt Company on you tube.

ConnieF
Old 07-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Power Poster

I pay for QNN because it has a long arm quilting program. It was $25 for a whole year unlimited wataching. There were many other programs. If you do find one with a subject or person that you prefer to learn.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:54 PM

I always watch our PBS too. Can't afford to subscribe online & still quilt. You know what wins! LOL
Old 07-08-2011, 04:09 PM

I don't pay for shows. I find all the free stuff and also download any free quilting podcasts and videos on to my iPod. I don't have an iPhone but guess you could do them as well on it. I watch the videos over and over. We took a bus trip recently and I listened to the podcasts and watched the videos when it got dark and I wasn't sleepy whiled we traveled. With the earphones, it didn't bother any one. Will be flying to San Antonio Aug. 3rd for my DGS Air Force graduation and will be using the iPod then...
Old 07-08-2011, 04:53 PM

I joined Quilters Club of America for a year & did not renew the the second year. The third year I renewed because I missed the opportunity to watch full videos at my liesure. They have a lot of variety, but then the fourth year I did not renew because I did not find enough time to sit and enjoy the benefit.

This year I purchased a membership to The Quilt Show, and I enjoy that site too. I probably will renew to this one again next year, depending on the cost. Both sites offer a lot but you have to make time to watch the videos and participate on the blogs if you want to feel like you are part of the community.

Me I just enjoy having the luxury of watching some well know instructors at my convience.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by BluegrassGurl
Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
There's so much free stuff out there, I'd better plow through that before PAYING for shows! :D
Same for me!
Me too! Just learning from this board's members is keeping me plenty busy.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by MargeD
I know I'm a little out of the loop lately, but I didn't realize there were quilting shows that you pay for (don't have the money anyway). I like to watch Sewing with Nancy, Nancy Zieman's show that often has some great quilts, plus you can go online and watch the shows again if you missed something or didn't get it recorded.. I also like to watch Eleanor Burns' website with her "shows" on the internet. I also like to watch the Create channel, which offers quilt shows by Fons & Porter and Georgia Bonesteeel. I also like Martha's Sewing Room that mainly focuses on sewing, but will have quilts on too. I like her sewing tips on dressmaking skills and tips that I may use to make clothes for my granddaughter. It's sometimes hard to get channels that offer quilt shows, so maybe we need to write our Congressman lol and tell them what we want. Just kidding, it would never work, they don't listen to what we say anyway.
(Uh, Walmart did.) There are lots of us here who signed that petition. I'm just saying.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:17 PM

i DON'T PAY. I WATCH PBS, BYU AND RFD. THAT COVERS FONS & PORTER, ELEANOR BURNS, SEWING WITH NANCY. THERE IS SO MANY TUTORIALS ON THE NET, WHY PAY!
Old 07-08-2011, 05:43 PM

I have subscribed to The Quilt Show for several years now. I do enjoy it. I get to watch them when I want to,not when they want to show them. I also get to watch a wide varity of different world wide quilt teachers, for very little money.
Unfortunately, I have watched many shows and then needed that persons book.
What can I say, I'm a book junkie. :-)
Old 07-08-2011, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt301
I was given a 6 month subscription to the Quilt Show. I really enjoyed watching the shows but would not pay for it myself.
I joined the Quilt Show for a year and quite frankly there isn't enough to keep me interested. I'm really not the syrupy sappy kind of person and those shows with Alex and Rickie make me run for the insulin. I won't renew.