Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you pay to watch quilting shows online? >

Do you pay to watch quilting shows online?

Do you pay to watch quilting shows online?

Old 07-08-2011, 10:49 AM

I paid for QNN one year and only found time to watch once or twice. Never did use any of the coupons that came with the subscription. I look for free stuff when I have time but find that I like the short tutorials for whatever I'm interested in at the time. I try to catch Sewing with Nancy on Saturday mornings but rarely remember and when I do, it's a topic I'm not interested in. I love this site!!!! There is more information right here or suggestions on where to find it, than on an expensive program! Thanks everyone for sharing your experience and wonderful ideas!
Old 07-08-2011, 10:56 AM

I paid $40.00 and joined the Quilters Club of America. This gets me: Fon's & Porter shows, Easy Quilts Magazine, The Quilt Show, QNNtv, Free patterns from AccuQuilt, That Patchwork Place, JoJo's Gift Shoppe, JoAnn's discount card, and so many more. My real reason for joining was to get the Easy Quilts magazine. I could not find it anywhere else to purchase a subscription. All the rest was a bonus. There's enough on that website to justify in my opinion the $40 subscription cost.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:29 AM

I don't really have the time to enjoy a subscription to a pay site. With all the free things online and this board, If I joined a pay site, I'd never get anything done.

But the Quilters Club of America sounds tempting, I'll have to check that out.

I think it's just a matter of do you have the money and time to enjoy it? Do they have a trial membership you can try to see if you enjoy it?
Old 07-08-2011, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Cybrarian
Did belong to QNN changed to the Quilt Show-love Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims but renewing will depend on cash flow. Glad to hear about BYU online. I DVR their shows but now can watch when I'm staying late after school to work-yeah!
I have belonged since it started. I usually ended up only renewing for 6 months at a time sometimes 3 . I use to watch it all the time. But I have noticed since I have moved not so much anymore. But I do love the shows.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:50 AM

No...wouldn't/don't pay....I can find waaay more free info/patterns on line...which is what brought me to this site in the first place!! If you spend enough time, and look..you can find the answers, patterns, ideas and help from "on line quilting friends or folks you've yet to meet!!
Old 07-08-2011, 12:10 PM

I only watch the free one. There are a lot of them.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:16 PM

No I didn't even know that they had any. I don't think I would. I don't have enough time for everything
Old 07-08-2011, 12:21 PM

I missed Alex A. when she left to do her own thing, I missed her show and joined for the first few months it was on ,But not really worth it to me, so I stay a member which is a star member ,but do not get any of the shows. Most of it isn't worth watching, and Ricky Tims does nothing for me. He does make beautiful fabric. But for paying .....no more.Since I found this quilting board and all the free stuff out there. I don't have time for anything else. and Thanks to Crafty bear for all her great finds and her sharing. and also who ever else shares.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:34 PM

No, I would much rather take a local lesson , then pay to watch it on T.V.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:35 PM

I agree, miss her too.