Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you ever look at quilts on here and... >

Do you ever look at quilts on here and...

Do you ever look at quilts on here and...

Old 07-30-2010, 02:55 AM

Thanks for the boost! I needed that!
Mary
Old 07-30-2010, 03:54 AM

Good Morning! I live near Amish country in Pennsylvania. As I traveled there often as I learned to quilt I was amazed at the talent of the women making the quilts. The best lesson I have learned from the Amish is...No One is Perfect except God....With this they always have at least one mistake in each quilt. Be gentle with yourself, enjoy your journey and know there is always warmth and love under each quilt no matter what if looks like.
Blessings, Laura
Old 07-31-2010, 03:04 AM

Laura, thank you so much for your response. Yes I know I AM not perfect, but gosh, to put the points & squares together properly shouldn't ber all that hard! but there you have it, I am learning! And I do get hard on myself, too.
Mary
Old 07-31-2010, 03:29 AM

I have only just started quilting and I already have a couple of ufo's even my quilt was put on the back burner so I could make mums lap quilt.
so far I have been able to finish mine without outside help but I guess there will come a day when I will have to take one in to be finished, I just hate to spend money and the lady in town charges an arm and a leg, between $200.00-$300.00 for a queen size
Old 07-31-2010, 03:45 AM

I love to see all the beautiful quilts others make but I know mine will never be show quality. I also know that the eyes of my children and grandchildren light up when they get one of my quilts and that's all that matters. I just do it because I enjoy it.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by marygrether
Laura, thank you so much for your response. Yes I know I AM not perfect, but gosh, to put the points & squares together properly shouldn't ber all that hard! but there you have it, I am learning! And I do get hard on myself, too.
Mary

Mary, don't feel bad. I was working on what should have been a simple block yesterday and everytime I got it sewn together, it was wrong. I ripped it out about 4 times and then finally just gave up for another day. Things WILL get better. :thumbup: