Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 08-06-2018, 07:25 AM

Congratulations Janice - I am sure after 3 years you are all family already - enjoy each moment. Hmm does she like to sew??
Old 08-06-2018, 08:57 AM

Congratulations Janice wonderful news, my first grandchild was also a step grandchild and I loved him to pieces. Glad you are on the road to recovery.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:13 AM

Janice, wonderful news! I know you must be looking forward to your Grandmotherhood! We are both sharing excitement right now. My GD, Sara, and her daughter, Joely, were proposed to last week and Sara accepted! This from the girl who said she would never marry! The two of them are a package deal too. We all love him, but no date set yet. I'm grinning like a mule eating briars right now. I knew she just hadn't met the right one yet.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:54 AM

That’s pretty much what my son did! Proposed to his gf, she accepted, he gave her the ring. Then he turned around and proposed to her daughter and gave diamond earrings. She accepted, too. (We have video). Honestly, I don’t think he’s ever been so happy! TG, he’s been a steady male figure in the little girl’s life for the past couple of years. Her dad is a good person my son says but for various reasons isn’t around much. My son is happily stepping up. He loves her, too. This might turn out to be exactly what my son needs. And who knows, maybe they’ll have a baby one day, but if not, so be it. I’ll g’mother the girl as much as they’ll let me. She does already have two complete sets of grandparents but maybe there’s a little room for dh and me, too. Time will tell. And, no, his fiancé doesn’t like to sew but maybe her daughter might one day. You have to know I’m already thinking of a quilt for her.
Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Janice, wonderful news! I know you must be looking forward to your Grandmotherhood! We are both sharing excitement right now. My GD, Sara, and her daughter, Joely, were proposed to last week and Sara accepted! This from the girl who said she would never marry! The two of them are a package deal too. We all love him, but no date set yet. I'm grinning like a mule eating briars right now. I knew she just hadn't met the right one yet.

Last edited by Janice McC; 08-06-2018 at 10:58 AM.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:00 PM

Help!! Husband is driving me crazy and he won't eat like he is supposed to. Wow, did not sign up for this.

CT Scan on daughter shows stones, but they are not large enough to require any treatment. She just has to let them pass at their own pace. OMG! The girl is in pain, peeing blood when she can pee, and she just has to ride it out. No, they have not given her any pain meds. This is getting so frustrating. Well, time to do some heavy research and call Boston Harbor Tea shop in my home town of Billings, Montana. Herbal remedies are the best.

Last edited by QuilterMomma; 08-06-2018 at 12:04 PM.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:04 PM

Awesome news Janice, still waiting over here.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:07 PM

I watched my Gma turn herself inside out trying to "make" my Gpa "eat right" or "eat better". This is my thinking on the subject 1- you can't care more then they do, 2- he's an adult make sure he is informed of what he should eat, and why, what the consequences of not following whatever dietary needs he has and let it go.
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Help!! Husband is driving me crazy and he won't eat like he is supposed to. Wow, did not sign up for this.

CT Scan on daughter shows stones, but they are not large enough to require any treatment. She just has to let them pass at their own pace. OMG! The girl is in pain, peeing blood when she can pee, and she just has to ride it out. No, they have not given her any pain meds. This is getting so frustrating. Well, time to do some heavy research and call Boston Harbor Tea shop in my home town of Billings, Montana. Herbal remedies are the best.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:11 PM

QM that is odd the quote of your post is different then your post, and I don't remember even seeing that other part about your daughter when I responded????? No pain meds for kidney stones??? I think she needs a new Dr.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:28 PM
Power Poster

Wow! Great news for you too, Libster! Congratulations on the proposal.

QM, sorry for the stubborn husband. On the bright side, they can't be feeling too bad if they can put up a fight!
I hope your daughter can pass those stones quickly. I've heard it is very painful, poor thing.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:51 PM

Ditto on what Kass said. You’re his wife, not his mother. He’s got to want to do the right thing (eat the correct foods for his condition) or no amount of pressure from you will work for long.

I agree, seems Dd should hav some pain meds if they will do no harm. I hear stones can be brutal. Has she tried apple cider vinegar and/or lemon juice? Those are natural and may help. Best to check with the doc first but then again he didn’t prescribe meds...

Good luck on both fronts.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I watched my Gma turn herself inside out trying to "make" my Gpa "eat right" or "eat better". This is my thinking on the subject 1- you can't care more then they do, 2- he's an adult make sure he is informed of what he should eat, and why, what the consequences of not following whatever dietary needs he has and let it go.