Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-02-2011, 06:53 AM

Good morning all, I'm finally getting the post so far this morning, I lost 1 lb yesterday so up to 10 lbs total. I did a lot of house work and sweating. Got more to do today after taking hubby swimming to do his exercise. Have a great day.

Cookie
Old 09-02-2011, 06:57 AM

Did well yesterday. Hope it keeps up. Now to see if I can change my ticker. Never mind, it changed.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:45 AM

oldcottontop, You just made my day. I have to sing that song to my dogs every morning. They truly will not leave the bed until I do. I experimented one day - they waited two hours before I gave in. Now I've added, 'This is the day the Lord has made, let us be glad and rejoice in it'. I have to be touching both of them all this time. I've created monsters from neglected rescue dogs. Were you a Girl Scout leader? I'm sure that's where I learned that little song.

I bought a South Beach Diet book for a quarter yesterday. I think Dr Agatston is on the right track for me. I truly enjoy high protein/low carb as long as I can have non starchy vegetables. Ice cream and peaches will be there when I'm slim - though fresh Red Havens won't. Whoops, no whining allowed.

Step away from unhealthy choices, Step toward a better life. I like your rewording, MJ.

Have a clean eating day. Judy
Old 09-02-2011, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Doctor report: I do NOT have congestive heart failure.

I have pulmonary hypertension. It has the same symptoms but a different prognosis.

My heart is doing good.

Good news/bad news.....not a happy day for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:42 AM

Yes here I am in my place with my bright shiney face! Thanks for that little memory

I did pretty good for August with a 5 pound loss. Yea me!

I have a problem. I call it the "Witching hours" from 5 to 7 pm i am really hungry and will eat anything I can get my hands on and then regret it. If I can get though those 2 hours I'm good. Does this happen to anyone else?
I have to work really hard to stay out of the Kitchen at this time. I manage somedays but others ugh!

Lisa
Old 09-02-2011, 08:49 AM

Lisa, I usually eat during that time. It's called dinner (or supper)! lol
Old 09-02-2011, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H
Lisa, I usually eat during that time. It's called dinner (or supper)! lol
Hah! that is so funny but once I eat dinner then it seems like the flood gates open and I eat eat eat.

Lisa
Old 09-02-2011, 10:30 AM
elm

So here I am in Chicago, and so addicted to the board and this group, that before I do anything else since internet was availbale, I had to check in. Today Chicago is hotter than Gulfport, Florida. Just can't figure this summer out.
Lisa: I sometimes have the same problem. Sometimes drinking herbal tea or iced tea helps.
OK of to have an adventure and find lunch and something cool to do in the windy city.
Don't know if I'll have time to check in tomorrow, but you can tell by now I'll try.
What am I going to do for seven days without all of you.
I may just have to break down and buy an i-pod or some other tablet before I go away again. Anyone have any advise on that?
Old 09-02-2011, 10:36 AM
elm

purplemem please remember than none of us has was born with an experation date stamped on our bodies. Take care of yourself the best you can. Think posive thoughts. I'm sure we're all doing that for you also. I really believe in the power of positive thinking.Hope this finds you happy and feeling well.
Originally Posted by Podunk Princess
Originally Posted by purplemem
Doctor report: I do NOT have congestive heart failure.

I have pulmonary hypertension. It has the same symptoms but a different prognosis.

My heart is doing good.

Good news/bad news.....not a happy day for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:40 AM

I am joining you as I have a personal goal to meet. I need to lose 9 pounds before my doctor's appointment in 2 weeks and ANY amount of that 9 pounds is better than nothing!

I need a low calorie tip for something I can eat when my stomach is uppity. I have been using bread or crackers and cheese. I think it is the bread and crackers and cheese that put me into a plateau. I DO take an anti acid reflux med already.

Stephanie
Who was diagnosed with diabetes in Jan.