Tired of carping!

Old 09-25-2011, 07:06 AM

[quote=TxDiana]Today in Texas it is beautiful weather.. My grandkids came over and picked threw my stash and asked to make a quilt.. So I want to praise God for His Son... Praise God fir my health. Praise America for all our freedom... And praise grandkids who make an old quilting women feel like a million doller prize... Cuz they want to hang with gramma and respect the art if quilting.... Hugs and kisses to all on this great, quilting site... Where we vent, praise, cry, learn and respect each others opinions...
Old 09-25-2011, 07:06 AM

We all have some bad days and there are times with clerks, husbands, friends etc we have a right to complain. It is therapy and makes a person feel better. It is better then lashing out!!
Old 09-25-2011, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by nancyrmathews
These Ragged Ann & Andy are soooo cute !!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: Nancy
Thanks, Nancy! I made 3 pair at the time, different fabrics for the clothes for each of them. I wouldn't care to repeat that process, I think ... I've gotten too old and lazy for that much work.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:07 AM

I agree with all the positive comments. Do think we need to keep things in prospective though. We know nothing about anyone on this board except what they share. It's possible, don't you think, that someone has had something really tragic happen in their life that they're just not ready or comfortable sharing and reading about someone complaining about a Walmart employee probably does seem trivial and like carping. Let's cut Froggy some slack.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:08 AM

I think people need to learn to know when we can or can't change things. We need to learn when we have the control and can do what we want and what is right. The other times there is somebody else in control. Maybe we can change those times, maybe not. Choose your battles and save your energy for those you can win. And save your energy for those we love and what we love.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:09 AM

Carping - I thought that was when you went fishing for carps. LOL
Old 09-25-2011, 07:11 AM

I was going along reading all the posts, but I stopped in my tracks on this one, great-great granny, you made me cry.... I felt such calm wisdom in your words, I just had to say, God Bless you, ((((Hugs)))))

Originally Posted by Great-great granny
Living alone at 77, this is my 'second family'. It's where I come FIRST THING EACH AM & have my morning coffee w/friends I have something in common with - a love of quilting. It's where I come to get at least one ROFL or at least a chuckle every day.

It's where I come to share the loss of a loved one & sympathize w/others who have a great loss or burden on their heart that others help lift them up from .

It's where I know I will find at least one great tip for the day & view beautiful creations from people who REALLY CARE.

It's where I receive another beautiful blessing each day.

Hope each of you have a blessed day & all your quilts are filled w/love. :lol:
Old 09-25-2011, 07:12 AM

You don't have to read it or answer it or read replies. It is great to have a place to air feelings, good or bad, rants as well as raves. I would rather do that here than take my frustrations out on the people around me. If people have bad experiences with a site, I like to know. If people have a good experience I love to know that. Sorry it makes you unhappy but I think this is a great site. I have the freedom to read or not to read a topic, answer or not.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:17 AM

RIGHT ON! I praise God for the sunshine and beautiful day here in Maine. I am thrilled that last night I got to attend a really authentic Oktoberfest and had a wonderful time. I thank God for my kids and grandkids constantly. I thank HIM also for the talents he has given me to have been an RN, car sales manager, administrative assistant to the president of a national nonprofit organization, and now in my retirement an Oma and a quilter. My life has been full although not always easy. I praise him for the difficult times that have made it possible for me to see the blessings and sunshine in my life more clearly.
LIFE IS GOOD and I hope to live to 120!

[quote=TxDiana]Today in Texas it is beautiful weather.. My grandkids came over and picked threw my stash and asked to make a quilt.. So I want to praise God for His Son... Praise God fir my health. Praise America for all our freedom... And praise grandkids who make an old quilting women feel like a million doller prize... Cuz they want to hang with gramma and respect the art if quilting.... Hugs and kisses to all on this great, quilting site... Where we vent, praise, cry, learn and respect each others opinions...
Old 09-25-2011, 07:19 AM

I cried-beautiful post and a beautiful moment in America. I sometime give up hope and then I see things like this. Love small towns