Tired of carping!

Old 09-24-2011, 02:17 PM
Power Poster

oh Hon, there are posts like that too. several in fact. just keep reading. sometimes in these hard times, the need to vent is important. otherwise our little heads would explode. after venting, i'm sure those go off smiling and make other people feel good too. (())
Old 09-24-2011, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy
The most wonderful thing about the QB is you can find almost anything you want . If you want to see beautiful quilts, they are aplenty. You want to hear a funny joke/story, they are here. You need to vent, you can. You need to see that you are not alone, because you did something stupid, you can find it here. This Board can be a real friend if you want it to be.

There are plenty of thread where people give kudos to others, and the moderators work very hard to keep out the ones that are ultra negative. And it was good for froggyintexas to vent also. This is a wonderful site and I am very thankful to all that participate.
:thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 09-24-2011, 02:19 PM
Power Poster

One needs the negative to be able to recognize the positive!
Old 09-24-2011, 02:22 PM

I think of QB as my "virtual sisters/brothers". You can tell your sister/brother anything in your heart and count on at least one of them to commiserate with you or to point out that maybe you are wrong. Some folks don't have others to vent to. I've had plenty of people to rejoice in my successes and point out when I've worn my heart on my sleeve and I welcome my QB family and their opinions. Please allow me the freedom to vent or crow!
Old 09-24-2011, 02:39 PM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by jillaine
MTS...
There are many generations on this board. and over the generations, acceptable terminology has changed time and time again. not always easy for everyone to keep up.
Let's try to assume the best?
I'm aware of that. But, as she would have lived in the intervening decades, one would have hoped she'd have progressed past that.
My 92yo grandmother did.

Anyway, my post was deleted -surprise!! - after they edited the post in question.

;-)
Old 09-24-2011, 02:45 PM

In my neck of the woods, if you carp too long on the same thing; it is 'harping'. Just saying....
Old 09-24-2011, 02:58 PM

Here is a happy thought.....My canary started singing again after 2 months of molting...HAPPY! HAPPY!
Old 09-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Power Poster

Hi all, There have been good points made here from everyone. Isn't it great that there is a place that we can say what we want. I don't believe that anyone of us wants or sets out to hurt anyones feelings. There will always be times we don't agree with someone. That's life. I think that we all respect each other and look for the good in things. That said my brothers and sisters I want to say that I love you all and look forward to hearing what you say even if I may disagree. God Bless you all and have a great life. Thanks for letting me be a small part of it. BrendaK
Old 09-24-2011, 03:04 PM

I was one of our 3 local Save-Mart grocery stores yesterday, unhappy because of the picked over display of Nectarines, one of my most favorite of all fruits. One of the clerks asked if he could help me and I told him I was unable to find any of the huge fruits I'd gotten just a few days before. He told me to wait just a moment and went into the back and pushed out a big box of those beauties that I love!!! I did thank him and came home with 2 big bags of them, almost just right to eat. One or two more days on the counter and they will be perfect!!
Old 09-24-2011, 04:02 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MTS
Originally Posted by jillaine
MTS...
There are many generations on this board. and over the generations, acceptable terminology has changed time and time again. not always easy for everyone to keep up.
Let's try to assume the best?
I'm aware of that. But, as she would have lived in the intervening decades, one would have hoped she'd have progressed past that.
My 92yo grandmother did.

Anyway, my post was deleted -surprise!! - after they edited the post in question.

;-)
Bummer... I missed the deleted post!LOL