Tired of carping!

Old 09-24-2011, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Barb44
I don't find a great deal of negativity here. But if we can't vent to our friends where do we vent? DH already gets enough of that. If no one ever complained I would think I was the only one having a bad day. If you don't like the complaints, don't read them. The nicest people on the web are on this board and this is the most friendly, supportive group I've ever been a part of.
I second this!!!
Old 09-24-2011, 12:28 PM

I must have missed something because I almost never see a negative post on this board.
I have not been here long but I am always so overwhelmed by the amount of encouragement and helpfulness on this board. I personally have never posted anything and gotten a negative comment about it (even if I think it isnt that good) I have always gotten responses to my questions and alot of pm's that are very friendly and helpful.. Well except one time but it was just a difference in opinion and I at least appreciated the fact that the poster sent me a pm and did not put her negativity out there for Everyone to see. I actually even told her so when I pm'd back.
I want to just say Thank you for all your time and support you give others.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:42 PM

I personally love to read this board because it inspires me to keep trying to get better.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:47 PM

I rarely ever, if ever seen a negative post here. I have seen where people have posted how they feel about service they received when they are spending there hard earned money. Both good and not so good, but that is life! We share here!
This board is wonderful, good hearted, sharing, caring, thoughtful and whom I consider my internet quilting buddies! I have always found this the most welcoming and comforting board to visit!
Hugs
Old 09-24-2011, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by donnajean
I don't think QB members predominately post negative comments. I find the board very positive & supportive.
Maybe it is luck of the draw, but probably 80% of the posts I read are positive, beautiful and supportive. I don't read every post so maybe I am missing the "carping".
Old 09-24-2011, 12:49 PM
Power Poster

If you tired of "carping", don't read them...
Old 09-24-2011, 01:19 PM

I think people are venting here more than they are complaining, they are just looking for a place to let off some steam and hear some encouragement. I don't think most people intentions are to be negative!!!
Old 09-24-2011, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by ThayerRags
With the current drought going on now, I’d say it’s probably not easy being a froggy in Texas. I’m going to cut her some slack......

CD in Oklahoma
You are too cute! Made me laugh!
Old 09-24-2011, 01:50 PM
Power Poster

Just don't read the posts that drag you down. I think there are more positive posts here then complaining ones. It's not a rosy world out there so why pretend it is?
Old 09-24-2011, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by scowlkat
Well there are reasons for everything. Have you considered that maybe having this site as an outlet allows some folks to refrain from taking their frustration out on their loved ones or the clerk or whomever? It is my choice whether I continue reading the post or not so I have no problem with anyone's post! (Even yours!)
Amen, AMEN!