Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-02-2010, 08:39 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Yesterday, things started going downhill for me. I am very down and am hearing voices. The voices are telling me that I have not made one notable contribution in my lifetime. I suppose that maybe my life must be over. At least that is what is going on in my head.

Coincidently I am scheduled to see the psychiatrist this morning.

I just have no idea what to do. My mom and sister said they are worried about me.

Oh well. I cannot type anymore.

Missy
Hang in there Missy. I know those voices enjoy torturing, I will be praying for you sweety.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Yesterday, things started going downhill for me. I am very down and am hearing voices. The voices are telling me that I have not made one notable contribution in my lifetime. I suppose that maybe my life must be over. At least that is what is going on in my head.

I just have no idea what to do. My mom and sister said they are worried about me.

Missy
Hang in there Missy. I know those voices enjoy torturing, I will be praying for you sweety.
Thank you Carrie.

Missy
Old 11-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Banned

Missy
Missy hang in there. what your voices are saying to you I think that in my head to myself. So is it voices or is it your own little voice that is in your head? There is a difference. I think why bother, why bother to watch TV it is not real. Why bother to clean the house no one comes here. Why bother to make another quilt we all have enough do we really need anymore? When bother to get dressed. I ask over and over why bother??????? Missy it is called questioning life. You will be fine. I tried to call but no one answered and it didn't go to voice mail. Everyone has little voices that talk to them you are not different. Maybe you think you are but you are not. The voices are not crazy voices they are your own little voice questioning and that's OK we all do it. Don't panic, calm down. you have a family here we all love you. Your life isn't over, you are moving on and upward. You will have yoru surgery and you will be a healthier you. This is what I do with my vertigo I say I will get through this day, hour, minute, second. I think I can not do this anymore I can not live like this I don't want to live like this. I have no life, yes I am alive but I can't go out I can't do anything. I look at the clock and think OK I made it 5 minutes can I do it for another minute. I wait for the night and then at night I wait for the morning and hope I will have a better day. You can do the same take it a minute or second at a time and before you know it it might be a hour or two or even a day or 3 and then everything will be OK again. You can do it you HAVE to do it.
{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}
Old 11-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Banned

DD had her appt. it was suppose to be at 9:15 but they didn't get us in til almost 12. The whole time ppl were coming and going. Needless to say I was mad, I went to counter and asked how much longer and the girl said well all her info has to be put in the computer first so I said it don't take 2 freaking hours to put her info in. We finally see the Dr. and she tells us that she can't see the stone so they are gonna have to run more tests. If they don't do something quick heads are gonna roll. DD seems to be feeling pretty good today which is good or it could just be the pain pills. LOL. To me Monday was a waste of my time.
Did you get the tea??????????? PLEASE try that before you put DD through more tests.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1

Missy
Missy hang in there. what your voices are saying to you I think that in my head to myself. So is it voices or is it your own little voice that is in your head? There is a difference. I think why bother, why bother to watch TV it is not real. Why bother to clean the house no one comes here. Why bother to make another quilt we all have enough do we really need anymore? When bother to get dressed. I ask over and over why bother??????? Missy it is called questioning life. You will be fine. I tried to call but no one answered and it didn't go to voice mail. Everyone has little voices that talk to them you are not different. Maybe you think you are but you are not. The voices are not crazy voices they are your own little voice questioning and that's OK we all do it. Don't panic, calm down. you have a family here we all love you. Your life isn't over, you are moving on and upward. You will have yoru surgery and you will be a healthier you. This is what I do with my vertigo I say I will get through this day, hour, minute, second. I think I can not do this anymore I can not live like this I don't want to live like this. I have no life, yes I am alive but I can't go out I can't do anything. I look at the clock and think OK I made it 5 minutes can I do it for another minute. I wait for the night and then at night I wait for the morning and hope I will have a better day. You can do the same take it a minute or second at a time and before you know it it might be a hour or two or even a day or 3 and then everything will be OK again. You can do it you HAVE to do it.
{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}
Thank you so much Tru. I wish it were that way with the voices. But, it is not. When I am in a situation like this the hallucinations begin and the voices are part of the hallucinations.

My psychiatrist is getting a blood level of the cloziril (my antipsychotic med) and then will increase my dosage of the drug. It is time. I have been on this same dosage for over a year now.

I just feel so down and out and the voices say horrible things to me right now. I am not in a place mentally right now to be able to explain schizophrenia but I know there is a psych nurse on here who can explain it much better than me.

I am sorry that I have dumped my garbage on the group today. I hope you do not get mad at me.

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-100344.jpe  
Old 11-02-2010, 11:45 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Missy I'm sending you a pm!! Just give me a few minutes to write it.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:47 AM

Missy I'm sending you a pm!! Just give me a few minutes to write it.
Okay.

Missy
Old 11-02-2010, 12:11 PM

Missy
Thank you Carrie.

Missy
Missy, I will say prayers for you. Just hang in there.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:56 PM

Missy, I am so sorry you are dealing with schizophrenia. It is a horrible and cruel disease. I will be praying for you and hope that your Cloziril levels allow the DR to increase your meds. I'm sure quilting is difficult but try working on some practice things like like making a pratice sandwich and working on new FMQ designs. While doing this, try wearing headphones with songs you really enjoy. For some people, focusing on the music from the headphones makes the voices easier to deal with, for some it doesn't work at all but it's worth a try. Again, I'll be praying for you.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:02 PM

Missy
hey missy... I just read your post about the voices...
They are WRONG
1. Your life is not over
2. You HAVE made a contribution to the world... you just didn't get in the papers, tabloids or TV... You made news in Heaven's Daily News... God noticed.... that's all that matters
3. here are some verses that I hope will give you Hope, Strength and Encouragement.
Psalm 139:14
"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." (New International Version)
"Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it." (New Living Translation)

2 Timothy 1:7 (King James Version)
7For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a [b] sound mind [b]

I am praying for you and with you. They voices are telling you lies. Cling to 2 Timothy 1:7 this is my verse when I am suicidal or/and depressed
Love you and you are making a difference.