Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up >

Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up

Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up

Old 06-29-2017, 06:31 PM

this is so awesome DJmat. Thank you for inspirational prize for everyone!

Originally Posted by djmat View Post
On Time Drawings:

I am so impressed with you wonderful swappers that I cut & packaged 500 2.5" charms (different fabric from my current birthday swap batch) to award a lucky swapper! I will request the on time & delayed delivery count from Barb.

Each on time swapper gets 2 chances to win & others get 1 chance to win all 500 charms. Barb is eligible, too! Everyone in the birthday swap will have a chance to win!!!, except me, of course!

The winning name will be drawn at the swap mid-point, July 31[SUP]st[/SUP], & mailed the next day!

NOTICE: From my new stash there will be a special drawing at the end of February 2018 of 20 new fat quarters! Only those who send August through February ON TIME will qualify for the FQ drawing. The FQ winner will be drawn & mailed the day after the last February birthday! Only on time swappers are eligible for the FQ drawing, including Barb.

I hope this inspires mailing early. Thanks for helping me reduce my burgeoning stash. Now I'm off to select 20 FQs from two tubs of new fabric!
hugs,
dj
This message was approved by Barb, my QB mentor!
Old 06-29-2017, 06:39 PM

YEAH!!!!!!!

thanks for letting me know AnnieQuilts.

Originally Posted by AnnieQuilts View Post
Thank you Nelco. Your envelope came today.

5/24 WMUTeach

5/25 Patricks Mom
5/25 BarbaraKibler23
5/25 Jane Quilter
5/25 Jaba

5/26 Hav4boys
5/26 LuciaLPL
5/26 Oldcatlady
5/26 Gaijin
5/26 Sunrise450
5/26 MizMelly

5/27 Juanita Bean

5/30 Pinkflowers
5/30 Kele
5/30 Moonrise

6/1 Onaemtnest
6/1 Djmat

6/2 Crispy_Frog
6/2 Clmay
6/2 Janice McC

6/3 Aborning
6/3 SherriR
6/3 RedStilettos
6/3 TravelingGramma

6/5 LUM

6/6 Rosemary Attaway

6/9 Happylab
6/9 Anoka Quilter

6/19 Mrshalibut
6/19 Trish b

6/29 Nelco
Old 06-29-2017, 07:04 PM

Well now there are no birdie surprises left ladies!
Old 06-30-2017, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post

Can't list what day these cards were rec'd but here is the list of rec'd cards so far. With smiles and (((Hugs))) and a big Thank-you to:

jaba
Patrick's Mom
LuciaLPL
AnnieQuilts (Love your return label :0)
Jane Quilter
Mystery envelope Magenta 7.5 X 4" bubble no return addy or postmark only ink scribbles through 3 forever stamps.
Hi onaemtnest,
I think you received mine also, since I received positive feedback from you?
Thanks!
Old 06-30-2017, 07:00 AM

I want to apologize to all the Birthday Swap Members (I've already apologized to our hostess Barbarakibler23) for ruining the surprise of the monthly Birdie Blocks when I posted them earlier in this thread. I really meant them as a thank-you to show you all how I was using your Birthday gifts to me. But I obviously ruined the fun for the whole group at my selfish expense. I am soooooo sorry. I will not post the Dec, Jan and Feb Birdie blocks as well as the 20 other blocks I made until the swap is over. Happy Birthday Everyone.........Jane Quilter
Old 06-30-2017, 07:52 AM

Here is the updated list of cards rec'd. My apologies to MizMelly in my haste I neglected to list that I had rec'd your card.

Can't list what day these cards were rec'd but here is the list of rec'd cards so far. With smiles and (((Hugs))) and a big Thank-you to:

jaba
Patrick's Mom
LuciaLPL
AnnieQuilts (Love your return label :0)
Jane Quilter
Mystery envelope Magenta 7.5 X 4" bubble no return addy or postmark only ink scribbles through 3 forever stamps.
MizMelly

Clmay 6-30

Old 06-30-2017, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by redstilettos View Post
ona: that sounds like a GREAT way to celebrate your anniversary! What a nice thing for the whole family to come together and celebrate that achievement with you! Heat or no, it sounds lovely!
Oh it was a great time, due to not being able to fly for medical reasons our son offered last summer to join together at Lake Powell as it was somewhere we could easily drive to. Other family members and friends flew into Vegas and Denver and made the drive to join us. Quite humbling that they chose to spend a week with us.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:58 AM

Didn't know there were so many young whippersnappers in this group. I wasn't around during World War II, but I am a senior baby boomer. The muscle girl is Rosie the Riveter. She was a WWII poster girl honoring the women who took factory jobs to supply the military with airplanes, munitions, and just about everything else during the war.

Eleanor Burns has a book for a WWII quilt where she talks about Rosie.

Originally Posted by Jane Quilter View Post
This are Pinkflowers' candies: (had to include the muscle girl)

Old 06-30-2017, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by MizMelly View Post
Oh, you ladies who are visiting Lake Powell. Makes me homesick. Sniff. I lived in Page and graduated from Page High School, lo those many years ago. I miss it so much!!
Back in the "good old days" before it became such a tourist mecca with multiple marinas on the lower end, it was a great place for us bored high school kids to go hang out. Swimming, lazing on the red rocks, getting into trouble away from the prying eyes of parents and the local law enforcement.... ooops. Didn't mean to let slip that little gem!
MizMelly ~ Do you remember or was it before your time the canyon before it was flooded? One of the books I purchased prior to the trip had many pictures of the canyon prior to flooding. People rushing to preserve the ancient drawings, the geological formations via pictures.The Dam system along the Colorado River is still very controversial to this day. Those of us that lived or are living in the Desert SW or CA for that matter know how vital precious water is to living in those areas.

Our time in the desert was along Lake Mohave which is just below Hoover Dam and it was one of the things we loved about the desert home was our access to Lake Mohave via our pontoon.

One of the things that we heard from the Rangers was that the water levels were up to levels not seen for nearly 20 years. But the 'bath tub' rings from previous water levels were still 60 feet from when it was at it highest. We were told that one of the reasons along with drought was the desire to preserve Rainbow Bridge so water levels would never be as high as that again.

Our son's house boat is kept at Bull Frog marina, some of our friends stayed on a house boat at Page marina.

MisMelly you made me laugh at the prying eyes comment!

Last edited by onaemtnest; 06-30-2017 at 09:03 AM.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:03 AM

Jane, FYI, Pinkflowers "muscle girl" is actually a fussy cut of Rosie The Riveter, named for all the ladies who built airplanes during WWII. I love it!!!! Your blocks are wonderful!!!
hugs,
dj