Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Has anyone ever found a comfortable bra? >

Has anyone ever found a comfortable bra?

Has anyone ever found a comfortable bra?

Old 05-24-2011, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by adorabowe

Also, PTquilts, do you wash your bras in an undergarment wash-bag? I used to have that problem of the underwire poking out with EVERY bra I bought, even the super expensive ones, until I started washing in the bag and they stopped gaining excess moisture and weakening.
Yup: wash in a bag and dry on a rack, never in the dryer and the wires in mine stay put and the elastic lasts longer.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:00 PM

I've discovered one that I was surprised to find I liked. It's an underwire bra which I usually hate.

Lily of FranceŽ Underwire Sport Bras. I acutally like them so much I buy several when ever they go on sale because I have this fear they'll discontinue them. I've had no problems with the underwire popping out and I wash them with my regular clothes. Nothing special.

Only problem is they don't have a good variety of sizes. I like them because they have good support and don't chafe or ride up as much as my other bras did.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:06 PM

I make my bras. Most comfortable I've ever had and I'm not shaped like a boy. I took a class several years ago and have been making them since. Need to make some more now as nothing lasts forever.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by deedee75
If only I had the boobs to put in a bra! *sigh* If I were any more flat chested, I'd be a boy!
You have me laughing hysterically at you.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:20 PM

I just realized that I have revealed more than anyone wants to know!
I thought that was really funny.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard
Who ever decided we needed to wear bras anyway? I save mine for going out in public with DH or in thin tops. At home comfort is mine. Plus with the fibro, my skin is extra sensitive and things like fasteners, straps and elastics drive me crazy!!!!!!!!!!
It's just not worth it!!

Oh, do I agree with you. When you fibrocysts the pressure of anything squeezing them is painful. When I'm home I leave my bra in the drawer and only wear it out in public or to the Dr.'s. At my age and being a widow no one ever sees me ao what does it matter. When I'm in the garden I just wear a big baggy tee shirt and no can tell what I'm wearing or not wearing!
Old 05-24-2011, 03:28 PM

I like the Playtex 18 hour model #4159. straps don't slide and doesn't ride up. I hate underwires. It is important to get the proper cup size and measurement around.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Power Poster

I noticed since I got in better physical shape my bras fit so much better. My favorite brand is Hanes for everyday wear. Inexpensive brand that doesn't bother me to toss when it gets some wear.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:35 PM

I like some of the sports bras. Not practical for work, but I'll wear them out. And for work, I found one at Kohls that doesn't hurt, but it's off as soon as I'm home. (I'm 28 btw)

And my DH once asked why I hated them so much. I told him to put a cup on for 18 hours and go around normally, to work, to the gym, to cook, to "be me" for 18 hours.

He's never again questioned why I take it off soon as I'm home.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:35 PM

I find the Triumph "Doreen" bra a really good every day one, it doesn't have underwiring which I really cannot wear and they do them in a good range of sizes and colours. If I have the money I like the Mary of Sweden and Glamorise ones, fthey can be really pretty and a good fit with a really wide range of sizes and styles.