Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joann's new sale ad >

Joann's new sale ad

Joann's new sale ad

Old 08-14-2011, 03:34 PM
GG

I got 40 but don't get to go there very often they are closing our closes one and reopening in about 45 days.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:21 PM

40% :(
Old 08-14-2011, 05:40 PM

My coupon was 50%....you did good!
Old 08-14-2011, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by loreen
Originally Posted by hopetoquilt
I got 40%. Teachers/School employees also get 20% this weekend! (I am a speech therapist in the public school system). I am going for the batting too.
I know teachers work hard & buy alot of stuff on there own for the students. But this teacher discount bothers me. We are ALL teachers: We teach our children, co-workers etc everyday. Thanks for letting me vent.
I agree about the teachers getting a discount when we don't. I have taught Sunday School for over 30 years and hope I have touched a lot of little lives.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:11 PM
Power Poster

40% but they have foam rubber 50% off and I need some. Looks like I will get the makings for upholstering the dining room chairs.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:23 AM

Haven't gotten this one yet ?? when did yours come ?
Old 08-15-2011, 08:04 AM

Got mine! It's for 50% off. I'm sick, I go into the hospital on Thursday (the day before the ) for hip replacement so I'll be out of commission for weeks. I may ask my neighbor and quilt friend to pick up some batting for me.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:23 AM
Power Poster

well, I didn't even know my paper had a scratch off till now, and whipped it out of purse and have already scratched...40%.
They better not balk, bc I didn't wait.
I didn't know! It was always 40% anyway.
I don't want to wait till I get to cash register and find out I got a 20%...then I would be mad!
The way they only let you use it on stuff that is not on sale, but you can't really tell what is, and what isn't, I would rather have overall lower prices and forget the sales papers.
It's just too confusing and I get let down.
They have sooo many signs in their stores.
I have been going there, less and less, bc they raised our prices, and for just a tad more, I can get lovely quilty store stuff.
Makes me much happier and I know what I am getting and how much, plus the atmosphere is great!
I will go back to JAF, but they need to do some customer friendly changes.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
40% but they have foam rubber 50% off and I need some. Looks like I will get the makings for upholstering the dining room chairs.
hey!!! you and I were just talking about that! ;-)
Old 08-15-2011, 09:28 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by zoeytoo
Originally Posted by JanieH
Originally Posted by hopetoquilt
I got 40%. Teachers/School employees also get 20% this weekend! (I am a speech therapist in the public school system). I am going for the batting too.
I am a retired teacher (35 years) and loved having the Teacher discount. When I bought, I was buying for my classroom and for 26 - 42 students. I know of no other profession that expects its professionals to buy so much for their job. We used to be able to deduct it all on our income tax but then the government started limiting us on how much we could claim. Other professions, such as medical, law, etc., to my knowledge, didn't have the limits. I usually spent between $1500 - 2000 each school year as I taught in a very economically deprived school and bought school supplies, classroom supplies and materials, classroom snacks, art supplies, and, on many occasions, clothing for my students. Most of the teachers at my school and other area schools did the same. So the few dollars we got in discounts at some stores (God bless JoAnn's) really helped
And, YAHOO!, I got 60%. I think I will play follow the leader and go for the batting!
You are so right about teachers and the money you spend. Tax break not given in N.Y. either any more. What did you do with all the educational books and games when you retired? I would like to PM with you. I just retired this year and miss my job a lot. AC Moore and Barnes and Noble also give teacher discounts. My cousin teaches preschool.
I know a teacher that just retired after 30+ years and she did the same.
I applaud them for giving this discount to the teachers. It makes me mad that more of our tax dollars etc. don't go to the school as promised!