Joann's new sale ad

Joann's new sale ad

Old 08-13-2011, 05:01 PM

I always get 40%
Old 08-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Power Poster

You are so lucky! I only got 40%
Old 08-13-2011, 05:35 PM

Packaged Batting was already 40% off tonight. Is the scratch off good for merch already on sale?
Old 08-13-2011, 06:25 PM

Mine: 40 percent - regular priced item. I have noticed that when there is a 50 percent coupon on a regular item, there is always a percent off (even 10 percent) on just about every fabric line, quilting notion, magazines, etc.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:36 PM

I was bummed when I saw it. It appears to be an in-store coupon and I live more than 100 miles from a Joann's now. I order everything from them on line. :(
Old 08-13-2011, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by ccthomas
Mine: 40 percent - regular priced item. I have noticed that when there is a 50 percent coupon on a regular item, there is always a percent off (even 10 percent) on just about every fabric line, quilting notion, magazines, etc.
The first time they had the scratch off I had an 80%. Sounds great, doesn't it? Everything that one would want was already on sale so my only choice was the gypsy quilt kit consisting of 13 fat quarters and 1/2 yd piece for binding. I think the original cost was $49. The fabric is from China so you know the quality is just fair. The fabrics are not appropriate for my kid's charity quilts so will donate it to a battered woman's shelter.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Lucio
Originally Posted by grann of 6
Mine is 50% but I wouldn't know what to buy. I already have 2 cases of batting I got for 50% off from Fabric Depot with free shipping. I never see anything worth buying at Joanns any more. Their fabric has taken a quality dip, and I have all the cutting mats, rulers and templates a guy could ever want.
I have purchased my last piece of fabric from Joanne's!! I went in to purchase Comfy flannel to make light weight flannel receiving blankets without batting. The perfect weight for our s. Cal summers. The fabric looked threadbare and see-thru! When I pointed this out to the clerk, she said" if you don't like it you can go to a quilt shop and pay three times as much". I answered,"I doubt it would be $18 dollars but it would last 3 times as long
and I wouldn't be ashamed to give it as a gift".

Some of the employees at Joann's are nice, like the girl who helped me find beads and one who helped me find yarn to make toys but some are not so nice. I said this elsewhere but I still am annoyed. I spent $45 and could have gotten a $10 gift card if I spent $50 but the register girl didn't tell me. I spent $50+ the next day and got the $10 card so I asked the manager why the girl the day before didn't tell me and she said they don't want to pressure people to spend more??!! she had a "who cares attitude. So instead of buying the $30 book I was going to buy I spent about $10 using the gift card and will shop elsewhere unless I can't get what I want elsewhere for a year. That's what I do when stores managers are not nice. Michael's and AC Moore accept
competitors' coupons I think.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by JanieH
Originally Posted by hopetoquilt
I got 40%. Teachers/School employees also get 20% this weekend! (I am a speech therapist in the public school system). I am going for the batting too.
I am a retired teacher (35 years) and loved having the Teacher discount. When I bought, I was buying for my classroom and for 26 - 42 students. I know of no other profession that expects its professionals to buy so much for their job. We used to be able to deduct it all on our income tax but then the government started limiting us on how much we could claim. Other professions, such as medical, law, etc., to my knowledge, didn't have the limits. I usually spent between $1500 - 2000 each school year as I taught in a very economically deprived school and bought school supplies, classroom supplies and materials, classroom snacks, art supplies, and, on many occasions, clothing for my students. Most of the teachers at my school and other area schools did the same. So the few dollars we got in discounts at some stores (God bless JoAnn's) really helped
And, YAHOO!, I got 60%. I think I will play follow the leader and go for the batting!
You are so right about teachers and the money you spend. Tax break not given in N.Y. either any more. What did you do with all the educational books and games when you retired? I would like to PM with you. I just retired this year and miss my job a lot. AC Moore and Barnes and Noble also give teacher discounts. My cousin teaches preschool.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:22 PM
Power Poster

Mine was 60% also and hope to buy some batting also.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:28 PM

Mine was only 40% off. :( Not sure if I'll use it since I regularly get 40% off coupons and don't really need anything right now.