Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
do you sleep all night or not and >

do you sleep all night or not and

do you sleep all night or not and

Old 10-27-2011, 09:09 PM

I don't know I'm in deniale
Old 10-29-2011, 06:45 PM

I am 76 and have had sleep problems (lack of sleep!!) for years. Went to a therapist that specializes in sleep disorders. Apparently my brain gets out of sync when I have changes in my life (retirement, move, loss of parent, etc.). Supposed to get sunshine first thing in a.m., exercise, read phone book. I find that books on my MP3 player all night helps more than anything. The biggest problem is no matter what time I go to sleep, I wake up early. Once I wake up there is no going back to sleep. Am finally to the place where I am not awake all night for several nights. I even managed to sleep some in a recliner while my husband was in the hospital for a week. First night home I slept straight through eight hours. Hope you get your problem under control.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:54 PM

I've always required at least 8 hours of sleep; that's a bummer! I was ok with my sleep habits until my last job. I worked at an Encoding Center for 5 years, either evenings or nights. I've been retired now for 5 years and am still not a morning person. The bad thing is my DGS has moved back in with us. The alarm comes awlfully early at 7 am; I'm trying to go to bed earlier. Good thing I'm retired; I do take naps!
Old 10-29-2011, 06:56 PM

I sleep 4-5 hours only..always have..now at 63.. I do rest in an armchair.. for about an hour in late afternoon!!
Old 10-30-2011, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by lynnsim
I've always required at least 8 hours of sleep; that's a bummer! I was ok with my sleep habits until my last job. I worked at an Encoding Center for 5 years, either evenings or nights. I've been retired now for 5 years and am still not a morning person. The bad thing is my DGS has moved back in with us. The alarm comes awlfully early at 7 am; I'm trying to go to bed earlier. Good thing I'm retired; I do take naps!
I am not a morning person either. Never have been, never will be. Luckily DH is the same way. I HATE it when I have to be somewhere early in the morning. And I consider 9-10 am early! I don't set my alarm, just wake up when I wake up. BTW, we are also retired.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:20 AM

Quite honestly, I'm sick and tired of this not sleeping business ! I try and stay up as late as I can and then will fall asleep immediately but you would think there is an alarm going off about 1:30, I wake up.......IF I'm fortunate enough to drift back to sleep I'm awake at least once an hour ! It is now about noon in metro Atl and I've been awake since about 4; UP since 5 !

I did have a funny dream.....I dreamed (drempt?) that my landlord told me he was going to turn our apts into condos and mine would be priced at $224,000 !!!! In my dream I told him I didn't think the entire bldg was worth that much !

Can't wait to see him tomorrow and see what he says ! Wonder where that came from and where that price came from ?

I've tried sleep aids but nothing seems to work....I've tried Melatin (sp?); trazadone, no cafeinne, snack before bed, etc......I just want to lay my head down and wake up refreshed after a few hours of uninterrupted sleep.....