Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: up all night and it is not menopause. hehe

well those of you who have sleepers or don't have little kids anymore feel lucky to get a good nights sleep two days in a row. I was up at a bit before 3 this morning with my ds who decided to take forever going back to sleep. quarter till 5 and he goes down. 10 min later dd screams bloody murder for mommy. and i haul my tukas out of bed again and get her calmed down. nap went just as well too. ehhhhhhh!!! opps got to go. ds is screaming bloody murder because sissy is sitting on him, again.

Banned
    ;)
    Attached Images Attached Images

man oh man some days I would like to kill the world around us that wakes my kids up when they are sleeping. I don't mean to vent and sound like a real horrible person and mom but man somedays I would love to live in the middle of no where so that nothing will bother my kids sleep.

Oh boy can I relate! I had a visitor at 12:30 last night, saying she had a bad dream. This morning shetold me what her dream was about. Ants were throwing goo at her head!!!!! I think someone has seen a little too much Dora lately! It was all I could do to keep from laughing in her face! I just remind myself how fast they are growing up. She'll be in kindergarten int eh fall but I remember her birth like it was yesterday!

I lived in the middle of nowhere and I would be up between 4-5am running around the house closing windows because the birds would wake him up! I would then have to try and convience him that 4am is still night time even though the sun was coming up. Those were the days. :lol: :lol:

Now next month he graduates and I wish I had to get up and close the windows. :cry:

My youngest is 40, been a while since we had kids at home.
    We have 2 older toy poodles and 1 of them decides, on Saturday morning that she wants to get up at 3:30 or 4:00AM, she whines loud and makes all sorts of noises. Sundays she is okay to let us sleep until 8:00, shes been doing this about the last 5 or so yr.s One cat sometimes decides he wants out of sewing room at 2:30AM or so, other 3 are happy to sleep.
    Not always kids that won't let you sleep. UGH!!!

Pam
    Hey, NOTICE the Motrin PM ad! LOL

JJs
    Banned
    my baby is going to be 39 in July!!
    Little ones in Indiana and Florida and Georgia (we are in Alabama- method to our madness!)
    We have three doggies but mostly Angie takes care of them - they are HER "babies" (our adult handicapped daughter)....

I stayed here at my daughters last night and the youngest decided to wake me up at 5! Luckily he did go back to sleep!

Boy does that bring back memories. When my second baby was about 3 months old she started waking up in the middle of the night and nothing, and I mean nothing, would put her back to sleep but a bottle. Before it was over, she was up to 3-4 times a night. Doc told DH to check into a motel so I could just let her cry herself back to sleep! It took about 2 nights of that to break the cycle.

So, to summarize, been there, done that, and don't want to do it again!

But also must say, try to enjoy them while they are young as much as you can -- that nest can feel very empty before you know what hit you.

Believe it or not some day you will miss these things and look back & laugh. My daughter is 34 & my son is 24. Wish I could go back & do it all over again. Have fun!

Yes, some day you'll be waiting up late for them to get home from a date! Time goes SO FAST!

Blog Entries
    I remember when my newborn would not go to sleep until 2 AM, and my 2 year old rose at 4 AM. This lasted quite some time. Yawn.

everyone is in bed, including the cat. she likes to wake the kids up by pawing or pushing open their doors.
    I really enjoy holding my babies at night even though I am only 1/10th awake and fall asleep in the glider holding them on and off. Just would like to enjoy it a little less offten. Getting ready to let him cry it out like we did with our dd. this is going to be hard with her around because she will be waking up and fussing too. maybe will ask if my parents would like to have dd for a few nights in a row to try and see if ds will cry it out.
    those whos kids are grown, the grand babies will be coming around soon. love on them and have fun spoiling them.

This is one of the perks of being a nanny... I get all my kid and baby time in during the day and then get to go home. However, someday I would really really like to have some kids of my own so I'm sure I'll know all about sleepless nights.

There certainly isn't anything more lovely than having a sleeping baby in your arms though. (I get to be a baby's cradle for his afternoon nap everyday. My favorite part of the day for sure!)

Blog Entries
    wow, your house is very busy!

I always kept a fan going or a radio. Now my kids have a fan going at night to drown out the noises..LOL...

Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    My son is 3 weeks old, so I'm in it for the long haul, lol! We were up at midnight, 4, and just before 9 for a bottle... lukily I didn't have too much trouble putting him back down after.

Quote Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
    My son is 3 weeks old, so I'm in it for the long haul, lol! We were up at midnight, 4, and just before 9 for a bottle... lukily I didn't have too much trouble putting him back down after.
    Congratulations on that baby boy! You've been blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by sahm4605
    man oh man some days I would like to kill the world around us that wakes my kids up when they are sleeping. I don't mean to vent and sound like a real horrible person and mom but man somedays I would love to live in the middle of no where so that nothing will bother my kids sleep.
    There were days I wished I could change my name from Mom to almost anything else. Oh well, they did grow up and now my favorite name is Grandma.