Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many quilt tops do you have? >

How many quilt tops do you have?

How many quilt tops do you have?

Old 09-10-2010, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
I only have one....I make it a point to completely finish one before starting another one!...please don't throw things at me!! :lol:
I'm with you. Just something in me will not let me start another one until I have finished the one I'm working on. :(
Old 09-10-2010, 07:23 PM
MNM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
I only have one....I make it a point to completely finish one before starting another one!...please don't throw things at me!! :lol:
Duck! Here comes a water balloon. I think you are to be admired. I have many tops and can no longer afford to send them out so I will be learning to machine FMQ. I just did my first one and it was not great. It was not a total disaster either so I guess I will get better with time and practice.

MNM
Old 09-10-2010, 07:26 PM

Believe it or not I have only one not finished. It was when they first bought out stack'n'wack. One day when I have the time I will finish it. At the moment I have a baby quilt and the wall quilt celebrating my daughters 10th Wedding Anniversary in November. The baby one id for next week if I can get at it, I will machine quilt that one because it will take punishment better.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:28 PM

I have 6.....2 of which are sandwiched....it is so hard to get to that final step. I say it's because I need a new machine....my DH says it's NOT the machine! I say it IS!... So,there!.......so, there...unfinished quilts!
Old 09-10-2010, 07:43 PM

I have 5 that are sandwiched and ready to quilt. I quilt them on my machine. I have two I'm hand quilting and I may finish one this winter. They are queen size. I have about 4 others that are going to be in the works. I did put my 5 together so I can catch up and not be soo behind.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:12 PM

I haven't counted...but two weeks ago I decided to finish everything I have started on the last ten years of quilting...so far I have quilted by machine four smaller quilts and a ton of Christmas projects from over the years...I can tell you it feels good to pull out things from my plastic tubs....I hope I can keep this going...I aplaud the quilters that always finish one project before going into another...I'm going to try.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:21 PM

Too many! Need to get myself motivated & finish some. Seems like I get a really good start or finish a top & see something else to try! For me it is just never ending. I do finish them eventially! LOL
Old 09-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Dee

I have two. I try to finish one at a time.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:39 PM

I have 8 currently, but I have made 6 of them in the past 3 weeks! Doing the quilting part is actually my favorite part of the process, but I'm sure that's because I have a longarm (it's my business, oh lucky me <G> ) and I can happily spend the entire day in my quilting loft dancing with my Innova! :-D
Old 09-10-2010, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
Now that I have decided to hand quilt my wall hanging, I can see why so many people make quilt top after quilt top yet don't actually turn their quilt tops into finished quilts. Quilting is tedious and hurts my fingers. lol I WILL continue and I won't give up but I'm itching to start another quilt top. How many quilt tops do you have that are waitin for the day you find enough energy to make them into actual quilts? :-D
Ok, so here's the thing...I make a LOT of quilt tops, then about once or twice a year, I take my 50% off coupon to JoAnns and buy a whole roll of Warm and Natural batting. Then I go through my stash and find and/or piece backs for about 10 quilts and take them and the batting to church where we have large tables and spend a day pin basting those quilts. Then I come home, set up my Baby Loc QUilters Choice Professional and quilt them all. then I sew the binding strips on and have several evenings' worth of hand work to finish the bindings.