Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 12-30-2010, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by fivepaws
Not replying just wondering if anyone else needs to lose 100 lbs? Are there any of you in for the really long haul. I just turned 70 and started to gain when I was 30 (great depression over that b'day for some reason) anyway, it just kept coming on. Oh, I would lose 30-50 lbs and gain it back plus some more........I know!! How can I be so unhealthy and I am a nurse. I hate the E word with a passion so guess I will have to start walking. I am sure hoping you all can help me do this. I know, I have to do it myself just need that push. Lynne
Missy does. I forgot how much though. I know she lost over 60 lbs but has a lot more to go I think she wighed aroucn 400. I can't remember.
I had 60 and lost 30 since I started this challenge. I want to lose it slow to keep it off.
If you hate to exercise you should try pilates IT WORKS.......... shapes and tones however you don't sweat.
Tru is right. I need to lose around 250-275 pounds. I have lost 63+ pounds now. Exercise is not easy at all for me but it is getting easier a tiny bit at a time. I am really glad that I took a picture of myself as a "before" pic. Even with just the small amount I have lost already I look a lot better.

Missy
Old 12-30-2010, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
I need my windows cleaned so Missy is coming to visit me. I think if she licks a window a day she will be here about 2 weeks.
You would only allow me to ONE window a day?!?! Who do you think you are? A psychiatrist or what?!?!?!

LMAO!!

Missy
Cute pic of you as a baby Missy do you want more then 1 window a day? I thought the other time you like to spend playing with turtles. i didn't want to take up time with more windows. I have a ravine behind my house there is a creek down there you can have all the turtles you want. ;-) ;-) ;-)
LOL!! Turtles and windows...I am in heaven!!

Missy
Old 12-30-2010, 03:35 PM

Count me in, I need to get motivated to take off more weigth. Don't mean to make excuses or chicken out, but can I start on Feb 1st? Just got word yesterday that my mom will be passing in the next couple of days and my sister & I will be down with her until she does & then the funeral and all. I am sure I won't be able to stick to a diet as we will be eating out all the time. I guess I will start in Jan, will give me something to look forward to.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by patimint
Count me in, I need to get motivated to take off more weigth. Don't mean to make excuses or chicken out, but can I start on Feb 1st? Just got word yesterday that my mom will be passing in the next couple of days and my sister & I will be down with her until she does & then the funeral and all. I am sure I won't be able to stick to a diet as we will be eating out all the time. I guess I will start in Jan, will give me something to look forward to.
Oh hun! I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I can understand why you would want to wait on joining. Take care of yourself and remember we will be here when you need us.

Missy
Old 12-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Banned

Does anyone know how expensive canned grapefruit is?????? Highway robbery, however I buy it since I can't go grocery shopping. DS went grocery shopping fro me yeterday since he is home for Christmas break. 18lb bag of grapefruit was $5 that is a lot of grapefruit so I canned some tonight. Only 4 pts since the other canning jars are in the laundry room and I hate to go down there when it is dark. I am having a Janice night. All the grapefruit peels I put in the blender with a little water. I am going to go do pilates then give myself a grapefruit body scrub. It has alpha hydroxi (SP?) so it takes off the top layer of skin and gives you a shine. I will do it to my face too. It deminishes wrinkles. Before I start this PROJECT I will make a pot of tea when I come out of the tub I will check back here and then work on the baby quilt quilting. I should be finished with that by Sat. I feel if you take care of you, body, mind and soul you will feel better and the wieght will come off. If you look like sh** why bother to lose weight. I can say this cause I was/am fat I haven't taken care of myself even though I had lost 30 lbs. I still have between 30-40 lbs more to lose. However I now want to be motivated to not look good with the weight loss but look GREAT with everything. :thumbup:
Old 12-30-2010, 04:13 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Patimint I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. We will still be here in Feb. You just worry about your Mom and take care of yourself too.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:14 PM
Banned

Patimint sorry about your mom.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:37 PM

I'm in again. i've got 5 months to lose some weight before my sons' graduation.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by patimint
Patimint... my heart goes out to you. You and your family are in my prayers.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:03 PM

Count me in!! DH and I will be going back on our better eating schedule on January 3, all our company will be gone. Thank you and looking for the support!