"Weigh In"

Old 05-11-2010, 12:28 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by Rose Hall
woohoo! my water broke last night around 6pm. they had to start the pitocin this morning--still no contractions. I hope to lose about 20 lbs. today!

Rose Hall
How exciting! A new baby and weight loss - win- win!! lol Congratulations and I will be praying for you throughout the day. :-)
Old 05-11-2010, 05:23 PM

I did it my first workout! my face was so red! But I did it!!! I can only imagine how sore I will be tommorrow!

Yeah one day down!
Old 05-11-2010, 05:24 PM

Did Rose have her baby?
Old 05-11-2010, 08:16 PM

Okay, tomorrow is the day I start to work out. I am going to run a two week experiment with this one workout dvd I have. I have to do the one hour routine everyday for two weeks, and then I shall share my results with you all. This shall be fun.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:36 PM

Count me in too! Last July I weighed 198- size 18/1XL. I have IBS (over 35yrs) I have been through many doctors and their tests...no success. Last July I decided to take matters into my own hands and become Dr. Me (I was already Dr. Mom :) Anyway, I decided to give up the foods that made me ill, even if the "FDA -Government Approval" Didn't approve. They don't have my body. I can't take Antibiotics (there's Antibiotics, hormones and other chemicals in meat, dairy and other foods) I researched and went on the Macrobiotic diet. I chose this "Lifestyle change" due to the fact that it eliminated all the foods that bothered me and added whole grains and greens (something I wasn't used too) to my diet. Drum roll........ I am pain free! And I now weigh 145- size 10/12- Lg!! yahooo! I didn't do it for the weight loss. I changed for life - for my health.It was hard and still is at times, but I found the formula, for MY body. I still cook for my DH the foods he enjoys (the hard part), but I wish he would be just a little health conscious. Someday maybe, but I won't nag and adult. :) We all have to "Want it" bad enough to quite our addictions. It's not easy, just as it is for a smoker, alcoholic, drug addict...etc. keep saying to yourself... French fries are bad, they contain plastic and pesticides..... psyc yourself out with the truth about the foods you eat. make it a game, a challenge each month. do what ever it takes to stay healthy. We only have one life. O.K. too preachy? Well, I can't nag my DH, I had to vent, sorry group! Hee Hee LOL! it's got the be the brown rice! :)
Originally Posted by Lneal
Does anyone want to "Weigh In"? This would be a quick report of our progress made. I'm sure it would encourage others and even keep us motivated!! I'm talking about lbs lost, or staying with an exercise routine, taking our vitamins ect... anything we are doing to get healthy.

Just recently someone asked "Can we diet and quilt at the same time"?

Well? I'll start: Lost 2lbs, keeping food journal, and Exercising!
Old 05-11-2010, 09:11 PM

That's awesome and great that you are pain free! So far, it's 3 lbs. for me. I take aquacise classes at the Y twice a week. I really need to get back to my walking, tho.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:41 PM

Thanks Laparshall and Brenda B. And if the weekend wasn't enough, my class had a BD cake and ice cream for me tonight. I don't think I want to see that scale on Friday! You asked about our personal progress, I have lost 17 lbs since last August, not very fast, but slow wins the race they say. I'm still not good at exercising, but will pass up food that is just too calorie filled. Except maybe for this birthday thing. :)
Old 05-12-2010, 02:25 AM

How wonderful Alisapao730!! Thanks for sharing with us.

Pats8e8 your 17lbs is encouraging! You are keeping it off and that is better than losing the lbs fast and then gaining it back. You have been successful and thanks for being here to share with us! :-D

Congratulations JudeWill on the 3lbs!! :thumbup:
Old 05-12-2010, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by bella
I just joined curves they have a 30 days for 30.00. really need to lose some pounds love my clothes but feel stuffed in them. This is perfect. Will make me accountable did not even tell DH I joined. Silly right?
Bella, let us know how you like the curves program! :D :D
Old 05-12-2010, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by bella
I did it my first workout! my face was so red! But I did it!!! I can only imagine how sore I will be tommorrow!

Yeah one day down!
Well Bella, how do you feel today?