Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-24-2011, 03:48 PM

Oh Linda how awful! I am so sorry you and your family have had to go through so much! It has to get better for all of you!

Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
Hi all what neat packages you are all receiving. I had to sit out Aug. Good thing I did. The first 2 weeks of Aug were H*LL!! I was scheduled for minor surgery on Aug 8th. Luckily the DR did an in office procedure so I didn't have to go to the hospital. Aug 7th we got a call that DH's brother had died. His wife woke up to find him dead in the bed next to her. The autopsy said he had 2 completely blocked arteries near his heart so that caused a massive heart attack or a stroke. We went to his funeral the following weekend, we got home and 2 hours later got a call that DH's sister had passed away!! We knew she wasn't well so that was expected. His brother was a total shock. Then the next day I got a call that my brother in Reno was in ICU and not doing well. We went to southern Ca to SIL's funeral then up 395 to Reno on the way home to visit my brother. He's doing better and got to go home yesterday. SO this has been a bad month for us. I hope to sign up for Sept so will check to see when the deadline to do so is. Hopefully next month will be a better one!! crafty_linda_b
Old 08-24-2011, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by starshine
Lori, can you put your morning dose of meds by your bed and take them before you get up?
Still saying some prayers for your healing. Hope you are feeling better soon.
That's what I have to do. It does help.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:38 PM

Hi all what neat packages you are all receiving. I had to sit out Aug. Good thing I did. The first 2 weeks of Aug were H*LL!! I was scheduled for minor surgery on Aug 8th. Luckily the DR did an in office procedure so I didn't have to go to the hospital. Aug 7th we got a call that DH's brother had died. His wife woke up to find him dead in the bed next to her. The autopsy said he had 2 completely blocked arteries near his heart so that caused a massive heart attack or a stroke. We went to his funeral the following weekend, we got home and 2 hours later got a call that DH's sister had passed away!! We knew she wasn't well so that was expected. His brother was a total shock. Then the next day I got a call that my brother in Reno was in ICU and not doing well. We went to southern Ca to SIL's funeral then up 395 to Reno on the way home to visit my brother. He's doing better and got to go home yesterday. SO this has been a bad month for us. I hope to sign up for Sept so will check to see when the deadline to do so is. Hopefully next month will be a better one!! crafty_linda_b
I'm so sorry to hear about all of the loses that your family has suffered. You are in my prayers.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:22 PM

Wow what a horrible month. Thoughts and prayers to your family. Make sure you take care of yourself.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:41 PM

Linda please take care of you and hubby. Your family is in my prayers. I will say that my July was in line with your August, we lost my DMIL and almost lost BIL, DH had to cancel surgery for him to be there for them. So I can understand a bit what you are going thru.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:54 PM

OH MY! I just caught up on all my reading and wow! I hope Tussy is doing much better and Lori backpain and back injuries sure can be painful and scary. Just please be careful with your decisions if the option for surgery comes up to, my Mom has had six and is looking at a seventh. She doesn't want to have another surgery, the pain is just so bad though that she now wishes she would of never had the first one. I hope your angels wrap you in their loving and healing arms and protect as you come back to health!

Linda I am so incredibly sorry for the losses your family has had to endure. May your angels bring you blessings to help you through this time of loss.

Tussy may your angels heal your eyes so you can come back and play with us again! I know it has to be wonderful to have such a loving husband! But I know it is hard to let others do for you, at least it is for me :P
Old 08-24-2011, 05:54 PM

Crafty Linda, I hate to hear about this terrible month you've had. I am sorry for your loss. It is sad that so much happened so quickly.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:37 PM

Oh my so much is going on. To all of you who are suffering with sickness and pain let's all get better soon. Do what we can to eat well, exercise and not let this get you down.

So many are suffering and experiencing much sorrow from the loss of our loved ones. My heart, prayers and hugs go out to all of you and my dearest and deepest sympathy to you.

We are losing my MIL to a situation we took her out of 4 years ago. She has decided to return to her old home town and to an old way of living. She's thinking it's going to be different this time. We are so scared and dissappointed she has made this decision but can't talk her out of it. I can only hope she will be safe.

There have been so many wonderful packages received this month. I think I blinked and missed this month! Its gone! I just realized today that I haven't recieved my SP package yet. I'm officially sitting on the bench waiting patiently! Do you mind if I join all of you?
Old 08-24-2011, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938
In Lynn Haven Florida, practically across the street from Panama City Florida...where are you???
Hi neighbor! Our cities are right next door to each other.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:52 PM

Wine Lady I'm sending my prayers to you and your mom also.