Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Banned

Oh MJ that is all so cute. How nice for the new mama and baby to get such special gifts.

I love you girl!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Originally Posted by Leann
Carrie, are you keeping count? How many new players do we have?
I have just been writing names down but I haven't counted yet. I haven't been home for a few hours so I can't count how many so far.
Did you get me; I am in.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
For those of you who sent me CarolJ's winning FQ's...

Here is the baby quilt I made for Brayden. Brayden is the new son of a teenage mom. I made this little layette out of the assorted FQ's sent.

There are 4 bibs, (lined), 2 receiving blankets, 6 burp cloths, one quilt, and 3 winter sleepers. Brayden is now 4 weeks old. His father is absent from the picture, and his grandfather died unexpectedly the day before he was born. His mom is unemployed and had to drop out of high school, his grandmother is a waitress.

I have another package I'm working on for Brayden, to be delivered in about a month. It will have a few summer outfits, in addition to another quilt, etc. I am trying to make a diaper bag but it is giving me fits! LOL!

What a great gift! sounds like they've all got a tough road ahead of them. They are lucky to have you!!
Old 04-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by marknfran
Originally Posted by cjomomma
Originally Posted by Leann
Carrie, are you keeping count? How many new players do we have?
I have just been writing names down but I haven't counted yet. I haven't been home for a few hours so I can't count how many so far.
Did you get me; I am in.
Yes dear I put your name on the list.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Oh MJ that is so wonderful of you to do that for Brayden and his Mom. You really did a wonderful job of making the baby items. What a Blessing you are.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:54 PM

I'm a newbie but would love to join you all!!
Old 04-01-2011, 07:07 PM

Well so much for getting off to a good start. I went grocery shopping tonight (I haven't been in weeks except for some fruit & milk) and forgot my list at home. So of course that means I'm gonna splurge on random stuff. Dove ice cream bars were on sale for $2.99 and had a "blinkie" coupon on the door, so 2 boxes jumped into my cart and 1 bar has already been eaten :-).

Other than that today went well - Breakfast was the Cheetos I mentioned in my earlier post. I had a PB sandwich, yogurt, and frozen fruit cup for lunch. Supper was a quesadilla - with the last of my cheese, the last of my red onions, and the last of my salsa, and almost the last of my large tortillas (1 left) and almost the last of my shredded chicken. I really had nothing else to make tonight!

I did get to the gym to workout - but only did about half of what I normally do because I was really tired and had no energy today :-(. I'm planning on going back in the morning since I've got no place else to be tomorrow.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:24 PM

I wanted to add ...

Welcome to granof5. I'm assuming that's a granddaughter in your avatar - she's a cutie! I'm a newbie to :-).

Scakes - I didn't eat well either today, so don't feel bad :-).

CarolJ - congrats on losing so far. That's awesome that you've been able to tackle your eating habits this year.

Purplemem - what a sweet thing you're doing for this family.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:35 PM

Ya'll, I appreciate the praise and compliments but that's not the point for me. I wanted to show you what YOUR generosity of a bunch of FQ's did to change someone's life. This took a lot of time, but more imagination and creativity than expense and effort.

I firmly believe we are here for the purpose of sharing love to one another. We, as quilters, have such an opportunity to change hearts and circumstance. We gift people with a "permanent hug"- a tangible expression of concern and compassion.

I love each and every one of you. I hope that I'll be able to repay to you the kindness you have extended to me.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:00 PM

I guess I was meant to turn on my computer tonight and get online with you. I am an oldie, newbie. I am going to Hawaii on 4/23/2011, need to lose weight, and here I am. I knew I was going to need some help, and there you were. I quickly went through most of the previous postings, but would like to be reassured I have all the correct information. I write down my weight right now. (ll:54pm, 4/1/2011. Do not send it to you, and follow along with you all each day or evening until 4/30. Please drop me a note if there is more or less to this joint effort. Thank you.
ritam83 Yes, I am a very, slow interested quilter.