Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse?  Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥ >

♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse? Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥

♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse? Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥

Old 08-05-2011, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by New Quilter
I couldn't hide them if I tried...I buy mostly on-line and he gets the mail...lol...I don't smoke and only rarely have a glass of wine...I figure this is my only vice(he may think it's a vice, not I)...so if he ever did complain, I'd tell him how much a carton of cigarettes cost and/or some popular liquor...(smile) guess he'd be glad that quilting is my vice...lol...Naomi... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
same here.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:12 PM

no need to hide either. Been married 56 yrs and don't see the need to hide. He pays the credit bill when it comes in and I couldn't hide that. I just know when to halt buying for a while. It also helps not being a stash builder.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:19 PM

I do not hide most purchases from him, mainly because he his with me on most shopping trips. We have to go to Jacksonville to find a Joann's or other fabric stores. Now, our trip to Mary Lou's last weekend, I found some fabric with his college printed on it that I had to buy and sneak it out. (He graduated from WV and living in South Georgia, you do not find WV fabrics.)

Hubby, just gave me a gift card to Joann's fabrics. He said he just wanted to surprise me. He did! :D
Old 08-05-2011, 05:09 PM

I am lucky that my DH does not watch how much I spend- He tells me "it's your money". We have our own bank accounts and share the bills.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:33 PM

I don't ask how much my husband spends of fishing stuff and he doesn't ask how much I spend on fabric. Works for me!
Old 08-05-2011, 06:36 PM

M y husband knows all my hiding places, but he frequently forgets about some of them. When he sees the fabric in them, I can honestly say that I've had that fabric for a long time.Wh at annoyus me is when he feels that his space is being invaded and will take a tub of fabric out to the storage shed. I, then, forget what I have and want to buy more.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:39 PM

After rereading my last post, I noticed several mistakes. Please forgive my crooked, arthritic fingers that hit wrong keys.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
Do you hide fabrics from your spouse? Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics!

Hubby never goes into my rooms, so he has no idea what I have! :) :) :)

I have some 2 drawer file cabinets and have them under a table (out of site) and that is where I file some of my quilting books, magazines, etc. nice and organized that way.
If I were married to a man from whom I had to hide what I bought, I would not stay married. This is the 21st century and as far as I can tell, there is no one on this board who should be acting like a dependent, frightened child. For crying out loud! Grow up! froggyintexas
Old 08-05-2011, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by klc
No, My husband is an enabler. He even pulls out the JoAnn coupons for me.
Mine is too...an enabler that is! That's why I love him so!
Old 08-05-2011, 06:53 PM

I'm one of the lucky ones here. My husband is very supportive with what I do. He will tease me though when my online orders arrive and he says he need a forklift to get them into the house! :lol: